Future. 3/5

Tw: heya kids, today we're going to touch on some sensitive topics including abuse, homophobia, and a PTSD flashback! I will put a warning before the triggering topics so you can read the chapter if you want to, but please, if this will affect you majorly just skip the chapter. Also most of it is triggering so (Ps: if this is insensitive in anyway please tell me and I will take it down, thanks! Also flashback is probably not %100 accurate to what PTSD flashbacks are)
_

"Why do I have to wear the seatbelt?" Curt asked stubbornly. "We didn't have to back in 1960."

"Oh my god, you absolute child. It's not the 1960s anymore. Buckle your seatbelt or I'll do it for you!" Mars groaned from the driver's seat. After Owen gave Curt the "I will kill you if you don't do this" look, Curt finally complied and buckled the seatbelt.

"Finally!" Mars shouted exasperated before starting the car.

They pulled out of the parking lot in total silence.

~

"Are we there yet?"

"Curt it's been 5 minutes."

~

Owen stared out the window. The other cars rushed passed. The blue of the sky and the green trees blurred into a beautiful paint stroke of color. The people in the car sat in silence. Allison was half asleep in the front seat, Curt was playing with Owen's hand, and Mars was focused on the road.

"Mh' bored..." Curt mumbled, afraid of talking to loud and breaking the comfortable silence they'd all fallen into. Allison shook herself awake slightly, and shuffled in her seat before pulling out her phone.

"Do you wanna play a video game? Maybe watch a youtube video? We could listen to music? I dunno, what do you want?"

"Music sounds good..." Owen commented quietly. Curt enthusiastically nodded. Neither of them wanted to say it was because that was the only thing they actually knew about from the list.

"Okay let me just pull up my playlist..." Allison went quiet as she opened Spotify and clicked on a playlist. "Er... Any requests?" She asked, realizing the culture shock her playlist could give them.

Both spies shrugged. Allison swallowed before clicking shuffle.

"From the top, make it drop-"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE." Allison quickly skipped to the next song, and she sighed in relief when it was a quieter song.

(Start of triggering topics)
_

"When I was younger, my daddy told me I would never

Never amount to nothing special, he'd come at me from every angle..."

Curt stiffened. He dropped Owen's hand and sightly curled up into himself. Owen glanced at him but really didn't think much of it. Poor Curt was spiralling downward into darkness unnoticed.

"You're undeserving of me, you dirty - - -! I can't believe I finally settled down to have you as a kid. Pathetic. You're a disappointment to everyone. You've failed everyone."

When Owen finally noticed that Curt's breaths were shaky and uneven, Curt was backed far into memories he had tried to forgotten.

"Curt?" Owen asked softly.

"Stop. Stop the song." Curt blurted. Allison quickly shut off the music and glanced back at the two passengers. "Is- is everything okay?" She asked hesitantly.

Owen shrugged while Curt gasped for air. "I can't- I can't breathe. Dad, no, don't leave-" suddenly Curt's breathing was incredibly quick and his eyes became unfocused.