Future.

Curt held his gun out, wondering why he hadn't run into any CHIMERA agents yet. Owen covered him. The dark and damp laboratory they were in were supposed to be housing a dangerous CHIMERA experiment.

Both agents stopped at a seemingly important door. Curt glanced at Owen, who nodded. Curt pushed open the door while Owen held his gun out, ready to shoot any agent that showed up.

Inside there were no agents. Curt scoffed and lifted up his watch.

"It seems abandoned. We haven't run into anyone."

Cynthia's voice rang out. "Just get out of there and blow it up, then."

Owen leaned over Curt's shoulder. "What about this dangerous weapon? Won't it go off if we blow the building up?"

"Just blow it up, don't you usually do that anyway? It's out of the way enough that even if the weapon does go off no civilians would get hurt."

"Yes, Cynthia, but we're not exactly civilians, are we?" Owen shot back.

"Just- just figure something out. I need that weapon to never see the light of day." And with that Cynthia was gone.

"So I guess she's having a bad day." Curt remarked, looking around the room for any sign of the weapon.

"Yeah, I just wish her bad day wouldn't result in us getting hurt." Owen muttered. Curt grabbed Owen's hand. "We won't get hurt, okay? Everything will be fine."

The walked further into the room, their guns still drawn and still holding hands.

Suddenly, a light blue flash enveloped both of them.

~~

"Shi- What the fuc- excuse me, but where the hell did you two come from?"

Curt pried his eyes open. He had a terrible pounding headache, and the only thing he was aware of was Owen's arms protectively wrapped around him. Cuet groaned in pain and reached up to rub his forehead.

"Are you okay? And is that a gun? And how did you get into my apartment? Did I imagine that bright blue flash? Are you aliens?"

Curt groaned again. "Can you please shut up?"

The voice scoffed. "Big words coming from two aliens who just broke into my apartment."

"We're not aliens. At least... This is earth, right?" Owen asked, slightly nervous that the answer would be no.

"Well yeah, it is earth. You two look sick by the way, like 1960s spies or something. Sorry, that probably isn't something you say to two random people who magically appear in your apartment but... Yeah."

"You could just say spies. We know it's the 1960s." Curt murmured.

The voice laughed. Curt furrowed his brows and looked up at the person who he'd been listening too for the past minute or so.

Curt guessed that Owen had shared his confusion because the person had picked up on it fairly quickly.

"It's like, 2020." They stated.

Owen's eyes shot up in surprise. He looked down to Curt, who was still wrapped in Owen's arms, who had the same look of shock on his face.

The person grimaced. "You should probably sit down. Y'all look extremely pale."

Their host guided them to a bright blue couch where the both sat down.

"Here, I'll get you guys some water." The person stood up and quickly spun around. "M' name's Allison, by the way! Nice to meet you both." Allison then walked off, presumably to the kitchen.

Curt rested his shoulder on Owen's shoulder. "Fuck." He finally said. "We're in the future."

Owen instinctively reached up to Curt's hair to play with it, to calm both Curt and himself down. "It'll be fine, love. We'll find out how to get home."

Curt rubbed his face with his hands. "Owen, we don't even know where we are."

"Well, it's 2020, and Allison said 'y'all' so we're probably in the southern US."

Allison set down two cups of water on the coffee table on front of them. "Naw, y'all is just a gay thing."

Curt and Owen immediately tensed and physically distanced themselves from each other. Allison blinked. Then her eyes widened. "Oh fuck you're from the 1960s- please don't shoot me because of that. I know you probably want to leave now, and that's fine, but... Please don't kill me."

Curt relaxed. "Wait... you're... gay?"

Allison nodded. "Um, yeah."

Owen narrowed his eyes. "And you just brought it up? To two random strangers?"

Allison shrugged. "I mean... yeah."

"You can- you can do that? You're not scared?" Curt whispered. Allison slowly nodded. She then cleared her throat.

"If I'm picking up on the hints here, are you two... well, are you gay?"

Owen and Curt tensed again.

"No." Was Owen's response. "No. I was just curious, and I'm sure Curt will agree with me. Isn't that right Curt?"

"Er, yeah, just curious. Sorry for the confusion." Curt uncomfortably shifted around. Allison nodded slowly.

Owen picked up a glass of water and sipped it. Curt quickly followed, trying to hide the fact that he was uncomfortable. Curt wasn't a very good liar.

"Uhm, can I call my partner and tell them about this?" Allison took out her cellphone. "I don't really know what to do and I'd think a lot better with them here."

"Yes, of course, we're intruding in your home, do whatever makes you comfortable." Owen waved his hand as if motioning for her to leave. He seemed very surprised when she took out what seemed to be a brick slab and tapped it before putting it up to her mouth.

"Hey Mars? You will not fuckin believe what happened. No, no homophobia. It's- it's difficult to explain... Just straight out? You might wanna sit down. Um, there are two time travellers in our apartment... No, for real. I'll send you a picture."

She held up the brick for a second before returning it to her mouth. "Did you get it? Yeah. Yeah. 1960s spies, probably. And, um, let's just say they're probably the male version of listening to girl in red. Yeah. Don't want to say it outright though... Cause it'll scare them? They're from the 1960s, Mars... Just, can you come home? No, I'm not scared of them. I mean, they do have guns... No seriously, I don't think they're going to shoot me. Mars, stop panicking, I don't want you to speed and get into a car crash. Just come home and we'll figure something out? And... If we can't find a way to send them back... Do you think we have enough cash to take care of them while adjusting them to the future? I'm just trying to think realistically, Mars... I know, it's hard to think realistically when we're dealing with time travel... But just... Just come home please? ... Love ya too, rat bastard."

Allison hung up before returning her focus to the two very obviously gay 1960s spies in front of her. She heaved a giant sigh before tapping her leg a couple times, thinking.

Curt had slowly eased his way back to Owen's side.  They weren't as close as they were before, but they were pretty close.

"Sooooo... What do you wanna do while we wait?" Allison asked.

"Get rid of my headache first and foremost. Then figure out what the fuck is happening. Then maybe go home." Curt mumbled before closing his eyes and laying his head on Owen's shoulder, both of them as confused as a baboon trapped in a shark tank.

A/n

1233 words
Nice