Calm

It was raining extremely hard outside. It pounded on the windows in a violent manner, but the noise it produced was somehow calming and peaceful. Curt liked the rain. It was easier to relax when it was raining than when it was sunny outside.

It was also much more fun to go run around in it. So Curt grabbed one of his hoodies, slipped it over his head, and walked out onto the porch of his and Owen's house.

There he stood for a second, wondering just how angry Owen would be when he came home from work and found Curt soaking wet on the lawn. But if Curt had some flowers he picked and smiled at him, he couldn't stay mad at Curt for long.

So Curt ran into the grass, around to the backyard. It wasn't so much a backyard as a field of wildflowers, which was expected of the European countryside. It was harder to see in the rain, but Curt managed to walk around the prickly flowers.

Purple was Owen's favorite color, so Curt picked every purple flower he could find. When he got a big handful, he decided it was time to head back. If he was lucky, Owen's car wouldn't be in the driveway and Owen would just get a random bouquet of flowers.

It was long trek out of the flower field. Curt realized how far out he had gone following the purple flowers. He hoped Owen wasn't home because Curt knew he would be worried out of his mind.

Unfortunately, Curt was able to tell when he was close enough to the house that someone was calling out his name. They sounded very agitated.

"Owen!" Curt shouted out, trying to alert his husband of his whereabouts. He rushed faster towards the house.

"Curt!" Owen shouted, running around to the side of the house. When he caught sight of Curt, he visibly relaxed. He had stopped running, but Curt hadn't. Curt ran right to Owen and tackled him in a big hug.

"I'm so sorry, I want to pick flowers for you so I could be out in the rain but also do something for you!" Curt explained, while Owen rubbed circles in his back to try and get him to calm down. "I went out way farther than I meant to, and I'm so sorry that I scared you, and-"

"Curt. It's okay. I'm sorry I worry so much." Owen stated softly, still rubbing Curt's back. "Let's just go inside, you're soake- is that my hoodie?"

Curt looked down at the hoodie he was wearing. It was, infact, Owen's favorite "Be gay, do crime" hoodie. "Oops." He chuckled nervously.

Owen just laughed along and jokingly said, "You're going to be the death of me, Curt Carvour." Then he pressed a quick kiss to Curt's lips. "We still need to get you inside and dry." Owen reminded Curt before pulling him inside.

They both changed into dry clothes and sat down together on the couch, wrapped in a purple and blue plaid blanket that Tatiana had given them as a wedding gift. Curt was practically on Owen's lap. The purple flowers Curt had picked were in a vase on the counter.

Owen was reading out loud from the book in his right hand, while with his left he played with Curt's hair. Curt was listening at first, but Owen's soft voice and touch were making him awfully sleepy.

Before he feel asleep, Curt thought that maybe he didn't need the rain to be calm.

A/n

578 words

I'm sorry, this one's pretty short :/