Stargazing

Modern AU

"Owen? It's 3 AM, why are you awake?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Owen replied, leaning on the doorframe of Curt's living room. "In fact, I will. Why are you awake at 3 AM?"

Curt, who was on the floor, staring at the ceiling, stayed silent for a moment. "Reading," He finally decided. Owen narrowed his eyes at Curt.

"You? Reading willingly? It's a miracle. Tell me, what magical book has had this effect on you?" Owen started making his way to where Curt was laying down.

"Ummmmm. I hadn't thought about that." Curt admitted, fiddling with his thumbs. Owen laughed and laid down next to Curt.

"You can tell me what's wrong, love." Owen said softly, grabbing Curt's hand and rubbing it gently with his thumb. Curt stared at the ceiling.

He didn't really know what was wrong. He didn't know if there was anything wrong at all.

"I guess... I dunno. I just can't sleep." Curt turned his head so he was looking at Owen's face. "Why are you awake? Curt asked before returning his gaze to the ceiling. Owen shrugged.

"Woke up and you weren't there. Wanted to know why. Y'know, if you want to stare at something, the view outside is much better." Owen sat up. Curt scrunched his face in confusion. Owen rolled his eyes.

"The stars, Mega. There are stars outside. Do you want to go see them?" Owen stood up and held out his hand for Curt to take if he wanted. Curt thought about it for a bit before taking Owen's hand and pulling himself up.

"Might as well." He mumbled while following Owen outside. They walked out into the yard before Owen plopped down on the ground, pulling Curt down with him.

They tumbled into the grass, Owen smiling and Curt yelping quietly in surprise. "Owen!" Curt said, "that was mean!"

"I'm so sorry." Owen deadpanned. "Is there anyway I can make it up to you?"

Curt's lips turned into a smile. "Well, there's one thing I can think of." Then he pulled Owen into a kiss, which was rudely interrupted by Curt jerking his face back when a bug landed on it. Owen couldn't help but laugh as his boyfriend shivered in disgust.

"It was only a firefly, love." Owen told Curt through laughs. "Doesn't matter! It has no right to land on me!" Curt exclaimed, which made Owen laugh again. "Whatever you say, old boy."

"Anyway, weren't we supposed to be doing something?" Curt reminded Owen.

"Just look up."

The black sky was dotted with an uncountable about of sparkling lights. Curt had seen it before, but tonight he let himself be hit  by the entirety of the night sky. It was so big and beautiful. Curt's eyes widened in awe.

"Hey Owen."

A simple "Hmm?" Was all he got in response.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Curt."

And then they shared another kiss.

"Where did that come from?" Owen asked afterwards. Curt shrugged sleepily. He was finding that the problem of him not being able to go to sleep was being resolved.

"Is it time to go inside?" Owen asked quietly. Curt nodded, and they both stood up, Owen supporting a very tired Curt. When they got inside, Curt almost collapsed on the couch, but Owen helped he make the journey to the bed. There they cuddled until they were both asleep.

A/n

570 woorrrddddssss

It's not that good and I'm mad at myself that it's not better-

ANyway see you next time