Future. 2/?

Mars slammed the door open. "Okay, where are they?"

Allison quickly held up a finger to her lips before pointing towards the spies, who where sleeping on the couch, Curt's head in Owen's lap and Owen leaning against the arm of the couch. A quilt was draped over them.

Mars mouthed 'sorry' before sitting on the loveseat with their girlfriend.

"They looked so tired. And Curt had a headache. So I gave  'em some water and a quilt they fell asleep a bit after." Allison whispered before giving her partner a hug and a kiss.

"How do you know they're 1960 spies?" Mars asked.

"I mean, c'mon, they're, like, the spitting image of some of the guys in my Grandma's book. They could be some of her coworkers for all we know." Allison pointed out quietly.

Mars shrugged. "Yeah, but we don't even know if your Grandma Tati was actually a spy."

"Um, I'm fairly sure she was a spy. She and Grandma Barb pretty heavily implied that."

"Okay, okay, okay. I'm sorry, I'm just freaking out a little bit. I just- time travellers? And why us? We are but two simple gays-"

"Okay, I get it, you're tired and don't want to deal with all this shit. But we don't really have much of a choice. If we kick them out they're going to either explode from culture shock or be homeless and die. I just... I dunno. I wanna take care of them for some reason." Allison murmured before curling into herself.

Mars took off their glasses and rubbed their eyes. "I get that- kind of. I kind of understand. So they can stay unless having them here causes bad problems." Allison's face lit up and Mars smiled in response.

"Anyway," Mars put their glasses back on and adjusted them slightly. "Do we know anyone smart enough to help us?"

"Well we could call Grandma- both of them. If anyone can help it's them." Allison offered.

"Yeah, but they live 5 hours away, and they're a little too old to travel. Could we survive 5 hours in a car with two guys from the 1960s?" Mars asked.

Allison shrugged. "Probably." Mars looked at her doubtfully.

It was about this time that Curt woke up and sat up. He gathered the quilt around himself and rubbed his eyes. He glanced at Mars and his eyes widened.

"You. You have red hair." He stated. Mars nodded awkwardly. "I guess you didn't really have that back then." They laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of their head. Curt shook his head.

"Well, anyway, nice to meet you! M' name's Mars and my pronouns are they/th- wait, you don't know about those, do you?"

Curt shook his head sheepishly. Mars smiled. "It's fine, a ton of other people at this time don't know much about it either."

They took a deep breath and continued. "So I'm nonbinary. Which means I'm not a boy or a girl. I don't fit in that box."

Curt's eyes widened. "Like Inni..." He whispered. Mars paused. "Sorry, I missed that."

Curt hesitantly looked at Owen, who was still asleep. "Inni was our informant. One time when we were drunk he said he something like that. It wasn't exactly the same, I think he said he felt like he was both a girl and boy. But Owen and I promised not to tell anyone."

"Yeah, it sounded like they might have been like me." Mars said. "Anyway, instead of saying, like, 'he went to the store,' for me you'd say 'they went to the store' and stuff like that."

The couch squeaked as Owen shifted his weight, alerting the others that he was awake. Curt diverted his attention from Owen to nod at Mars. "Thanks for explaining it to me. Um, I guess that means that my pronouns are he/him?" Curt asked.

Allison shrugged. "If that's what makes you feel comfortable."

Curt nodded slowly. "So yeah, my pronouns are he/him!" He said again, smiling slightly.

Mars and Allison smiled at each other. "He's like a puppy!" Allison quietly said to Mars. Owen snorted.

"Oh! Good morning, Owen- nevermind, it is 2 in the afternoon." Allison sighed.

"Good morning, Allison, and you are?" Owen asked Mars.

"Mars. I'm Allison's partner." Mars reached out and they and Owen shook hands.

Everybody sat on silence for a solid minute.

"So anyway, we were thinking our grandparents could maybe help you? They're super smart about tech so if anyone could figure out time travel it's probably them." Allison finally blurted.

"The only problem is they live like 5 hours away, we were wondering if that would be a problem?" Mars asked.

Owen and Curt glanced at each other, holding a silent conversation with their eyes.

"Yeah, sure!" Curt finally said nonchalantly.

Owen nodded, though he had more doubts than his boyfriend.

A/n

Yeah I headcannon informant as bigender or genderfluid

I haven't actually decided which but okay

Also thanks for 1k views, that's cool

Future. Will probably be 4-5 parts long btw