13.5

The sun had barely disappeared over the plains of earth land. It was so quiet.

So peaceful.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Good evening my love." - Minerva greeted gesturing to the empty seat next to her. "Why don't you take a seat." Her long black hair seem to glow underneath the lowlights like the sunrise was made for her skin.

He made his way to the empty seat next to her as they both stared out at the ocean that blocked sabertooth from the rest of fiore. The wind lightly blowing past them as the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks underneath their feet played a soothing rhythm.

The tension was thick.

"You've changed" - she spoke running a hand through her raven hair.

"You got me out of bed...this early to tell me that" - Sting replies sarcastically, letting out a small yawn and to stretch.

"Well..I remember when you would do more than that...for me" - she giggles testing her boundaries with Sting. She reaches for his face as he stops her from pushing past his limit.

Sting avoids her reach for him by lightly pushing her hand away.

Minerva was manipulative and she loved toying with her meals before she devoured them.

"Stop messing around and get to the point." - Sting directs trying to get her back on track.

"Why? Are you late for something? Or does Ayami have you on a tight leash? Can't go out and play with the big boys anymore?"

Sting laughs at her remark as she tries to dig for dirt when there is none. He gets up and just shrugs.

"I didn't take you as the jealous type." - Sting pokes at "As much as I love spending quality time with you Minerva it's late. I'm tired. I just got back from taking out a dark guild and ....."

"I know about Iris." - Minerva cuts him off

Sting goes silent for a second as he tries to recollect his thoughts. Iris was common knowledge to all of the guild. Everybody knew of the Sabertooth's mistake and Sting didn't need to be reminded of how she escaped.

"Your dad already talked to me about it" - Sting tells her, reminiscing the beat down he got from Master Jiemma.

Minerva starts to laugh more proudly now.

"Oh Sting. We all know about the little incident that happened but that's not what I'm talking about." - she starts getting up slide her long claws down his forearm. "Now, you expect me to believe she just 'escaped'? And she is STILL missing? The greatest dragon slayer in all of Fiore can take down an entire dark guild but can't find 1 dark castor?"

Sting doesn't speak he just turns to stare intently at Minerva.

"And for some reason you don't seem too stressed about it? Like you're purposely...." - she pauses for a second knowing that she dug herself underneath his skin. "The real question is why"

"There is no 'why' Minerva"

"Oh really? Are you sure it has nothing to do with finding out that the bond spell could be broken?" - Minerva strikes. Her fangs clamping right into the heart of her enemy. "Don't act like you don't know. You knew all this time there was a way to break your link between you and Ayami. This has nothing to do with some old dragon slayer myth. There is no such thing as a mate. It was never even proven"

"Who told you"

"You did. Just now" - she giggles "so it is true."

"It's not true. Iris will say anything to escape" - Sting scoffs

"And yet...you let her escape"

"I already told you I'm handling it."

"Sting, you may have Ayami fooled but not me. You may play this pretend Prince but deep down I know who you truly are. I am willing to bet that, Iris gave you the antidote for exchange that you look the other way. How vile of you."

"Shut up"

"Isn't Iris the infamous mage that hurts poor children and you are willing to ignore that? What would your mate think of you then? Would she still see you as a crowning prince she fell in love with? Or just an illusion that she was drugged under?!"

"Stop!" - Sting shouts, feeling so angry that he didn't even realize he leveled everything in a few distances from the two.

Minerva runs a hand through his hair while Sting doesn't fight back. "The truth is deep down you and me are the same. She will not love you for who you truly are but I do, I always will."