7

"It'll take up to two or three days for the tests to come back"

"Three days?!" - I retorted "What am I suppose to do for three days?!"

"I'm really sorry, we're a little short staff here but that's the fastest we can do for you" - she apologizes

"And you thought it was a good idea to come here.." - Sting mumbled slumping in his chair.

"Look I don't need your dumb attitude right now" - I snapped which doesn't seem to phase Sting. We both get up from our seats and began walking outside the Sabertooth's clinic.

"Nightmares are too scary for me so I need to go talk to a doctor and get medicine because I'm a big cry baby" - Sting mimics dramatically, trying to sound like me.

"Real mature Sting."

"Just deal with it, it's not even that big of a deal"

"No! I...can't!" - I shouted angrily "How am I suppose to go on a job if these hallucinations keep happening!"

"What are you so afraid of? It's not real" - he whines trying to minimize my problem.

"Not real?! You didn't see what I saw!" - I say stopping myself mid-sentence. To be quite honest it wasn't a big deal but at that moment, I couldn't handle seeing Dorin over and over again....Not like the way they were in my dreams. "Forget it"

"Ok look how about this, meet me tonight near the cliff, behind Sabertooth. I think I have an idea to help both of us"

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"I remember you liking surprises back then. Think of it as a surprise."

"I hate surprises." - I reminded him which only makes Sting chuckle.

"I'm being sarcastic you idiot. I took a job with Rogue but I'll be back tonight. Meet me there." - he tells me

"And if I say no?" - I replied as he starts to walk away

"I don't know Ai. Are you gonna stand me up on our first date?"

"It's not a date and stop calling me Ai!" - I growled and he just rolled his eyes

"Yeah yeah." - he says before meeting Rogue back up.

--------------

He didn't even tell me when to meet him...

"That's stupid jerk.." - I grumble standing over the cliff looking down at my non-existent watch. It's not like my freaking wrist is going to tell me the time.

Do I trust Sting? No.

Do I have a choice? No.

But with these hallucinations that feel almost like reality, I don't really have a lot of options. I could be sitting there and just see Dorin I think the horrific part was watching him die over and over again.

I watched the water crash onto the rocks beneath me. It was nice and peaceful and since these hallucinations have started, silence is a luxury right now.