10

I don't know what's weirder....

The fact that Sting hasn't talk to me...

Or the fact that it bugs me that he isn't....

"Soooo...." - I started "um....Lector's not here?" - I asked

Smooth Ai. Great now he's got me calling myself Ai. Lector wasn't on the trip the entire time but let's ask right now where he is.

"I left him with Rogue. Didn't think he wanted to go on a non-job-job ya' know?" - Sting replies sarcastically as he continues his path toward Fiore. He doesn't sound mad or happy for that matter, just....monotonous yeah. Monotonous.

"Um....do you think Isis is gonna be there?"

"I guess we'll see won't we?" - he says in that same tone again. I don't know why it bugs me so much but it does.

Enough for me to yank his arm out of his socket. Okay...well...not really but close enough.

"Hey! What the hell?!" - he grumbles annoyed and rubbing his shoulder at the random force applied on it.

"I'm sorry about this morning ok! I didn't...I just....whatever I did I'm sorry....just would you stop treating me like this!" - I stuttered trying to get everything out at once

"Treating you like what?"

"You know how you're treating me like.....I just...I didn't know you were going to kiss me and I didn't mean to push you off like that...it was all of a sudden" - I rambled on

Sting just plops his hand on my head for a second. His blue eyes stare into mine as he moves in closer. What is he doing....

What does he...

Suddenly he flicks a bug in my face and immediately I started screaming.

"So you're afraid of the dark, heights AND bugs? Do you believe in the boogeyman too?" - Sting pokes fun at

"I liked you better when you weren't talking." - I said but he just ignores it

"You tried to kill a poor defenseless bug who only wanted to kiss you. Sheesh, pretty glad I only got smacked in the face." - Sting says which only makes my face turn hot from embarrassment. How is he not embarrassed by this?! "Hm? Looks like someone is blushing"

"Shut up!"

"That's pretty rude. Don't you think? See unlike you.." - he says turning to look into my eyes "I like everything about you."

With that comment I just start feeling my cheek burn up again.

"What's with you now?" - I retorted taking a step back. Why was he now just flirting with me?!

"I guess you can say I realized something last night." - Sting says

"Realized....what?"

I'm afraid to know the answer...

"What if..." - he starts but never finishes "Nevermind. We should just keep going"

Yet...now I crave the answer more than anything.

"Sting.." - I started trying to urge him to say it

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." - he says flashing his usual carefree smile at me. "Anyways!" - Sting says loudly "We should be getting close to Magnolia by dawn."