The Hardest Part of the Job

A/n: before i start this chapter i want to mention there will be talk of rape/sa and i will put a tw before it begins. so please don't come at me.

also you will be seeing the word 'tick' every so often, it basically means second

—lau <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt like you had been standing in the doorway forever until someone noticed you. "Hey, guys..." you turned your head to a female voice that sounded as soft as the cooling air coming from an air conditioner on a hot summers day. "You should stop. There's someone watching you," you exhaled and trudged your way into the room. You had just now begun to realize how tall these animatronics were. Hell, you could guess 8' maybe? I could get nuked by these things. You coughed noticing the attention of the room was now on you.

"Now before you get back to your childish banter, I have a job to do," you turned your head back towards the female voice that had spoke earlier. It was a chicken, odd she looked like a rockstar version of the original Chica the chicken. Ohhhh. "I was tasked to check up on you before the plex closes, so just let me do my work and I'll be out of your hair," you suggest.

You watched as the chicken animatronic made its way to the cylinder in the middle of the room. You followed behind her and began doing the routine check up while asking her a few questions to clear up the awkwardness in the atmosphere.

"I've just started working here but I promise to take good care of you all. I assume your name is Chica, right?," you question, making her nervously glance outside the cylinder for a tick. She went to open her mouth to speak but nothing came out. Chica looked confused by this as she was speaking fine moments earlier. Noticing the problem, you press two buttons on the top of her shoulders and watch as her chest plate opens up. There seemed to be a glitch in her voice box. Carefully, you take the voice box out and go about fixing it.

After it's done you place her voice box back into her chest plate. "Is this alright?," she looks up to you as you wipe your hands on your shirt.

"Thank you! I feel so much better. Please tell me, what is your name, sugar?," she rambles eagerly. You walk out of the cylinder with her following close behind.

"It's Y/n," you grinned as she takes your hand in both of hers.

"Y/n, that's such a pretty name. Be my friend, we'll have lots of fun together I just know it!," Chica's eyes could have been glowing with delight, her expressions mocked that of a child who had just seen the Easter bunny.

"That would be great," you replied with enthusiasm that you had not felt since you had glimpsed upon the golden statue that morning.

~~

It's better than the iHop job. This is better than the iHop job. You were pinching the bridge of your nose at the moment- this kid- would not shut the hell up about his Freddy plushie. "Mommy, we can't leave yet. I can't find my Freddy," the child's sobbing only grew louder as your throbbing headache got worse.

"Hey hun, I'll help you find your toy. You have to be a big boy though if you want to see it again," you exhaled which caused the child's heaving to cease. This is fucking great. Now I have a child blocking me from my heaven brought bed. The child's mother thanked you and you told them to wait by the entrance door while you fetched his plushie.

It was a chore to even walk at this point you felt as if you could collapse any second from overworking yourself. You just decided it'd be better off to buy him a new one.