The Confession

A/n: here it is, the turning point of the story! sorry it took so long, i've been really busy all week.

—lau <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You waved Sammy goodbye as you locked the plex doors behind him, trotting back to Freddy who was patiently waiting behind you.

"Give me another ride," you demand politely.

"I'm guessing you want to go to the lobby? That's where everyone else is hanging out," he suggests, bending down so you could hop on his back.

"Sure, I need to put Gregory to bed anyways," you agree, happily nuzzling your face in his fluffy back.

The ride felt short for some reason, having arrived to the lobby entrance in the blink of an eye. Feeling disappointed by the brief bonding experience, you sigh and climb off of the soft bear.

"What a lovely entrance," Chica giggles, eyeing you cheekily while brushing through Roxy's hair with her fingers.

"Mhm," you squint at her with a frown, discouraging the conversation to go on. She pinched her beak shut, eyebrows raised.

"-and that was the last anyone saw of Chica the Chicken," Roxy cackles, tears forming in her eyes from the sour face Chica held.

"Hey, it's not me this time," Monty grins triumphantly, putting a fist to his chest.

"Monty, my dear reptilian, would you care to have a drink with me," you smile, advancing toward him and stopping right in front of him to bow dramatically.

"I sense I did something wrong..," he furrows his eyebrows.

"Oh, not at all! I only wish to have a toast to my favorite gator," you cough to clear your throat, going over to a table to pour a couple glasses of wine, "Cheers to Montgomery, and his quick arrival to God."

"There it is. I cant even be at ease when you're nice to me," Monty grimaced.

"What does that mean?," Gregory questioned, emerging from the couch cushions like a groundhog popping it's head out of a hole in the ground.

You fell forward out of shock, landing flat on your face. After all, you were just about to sit on his head. Quickly flipping around, you sit like a duck, staring at him in pure bewilderment.

"How- Why are you inside the couch?," you stutter, slightly terrified of the situation. Not because of what he was doing or how you landed on the floor, but you were convinced this was a hallucination.

"Oh," he shrugs, pausing to look around, "It's comfy?"

"Huh? You know what never mind," you shake your head, dusting yourself off. "I'm getting another drink- wait, where's Sun?"

"They went back to the daycare," Reina exhales, moving over to help you up.

"BET- I mean... judge free zone," you hum, raising your open hands in the air as a 'don't blame me' gesture.

"Don't you think you've had enough alcohol?," Freddy nags, giving you a disapproving look.

"Don't worry, I'm an expert," you take a sip of your drink, "Gregory, I'm not a role model."

"Freddy's my dad, he's role model enough," Gregory mused before disappearing inside the couch cushions once again, leaving you to question your existence.

"Hah! I see this as an absolute win," Freddy cocks his head toward the ceiling with a prideful grin.

"I hate you," you breathe, laughing at his mocking tone.