The Wrath of His Past

a/n: freddy looks so babygirl in the photo above 😩

sorry guys, that was someone else who typed that.

and also i wanted to say that the timeline doesn't exactly match up in the flashbacks but just pretend it does ;)

i hope you enjoy this chapter! i really hope it doesn't read like i've lost my touch with writing because it feels like i wrote a bunch of garbage today 😕

it's gets better! i promise!!

—lau <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sugar, for the last time, you need to be careful around those wires!," Chica scolded as she held onto the collar of your shirt before you could go running back to the arcade again.

"I am," you groaned, struggling to pull away from her grip.

"I'm just making sure you don't hurt yourself like what happened to that one kid a few weeks back," she retorted, finally releasing the collar of your shirt.

"I can take care of myself," you frown, placing your hands on your hips.

You were nearly 11 years old by now and you already knew the layout of the Pizzeria like the back of your hand. With your parents being gone all the time and you having as much freedom as you do, this place was like your real home.

"Relaxxx, Y/n. Chica just wants to look out for you," Freddy chimes in, walking up from behind Chica with a pizza box in his hand. He offered it to Chica and she gladly took it.

"I know, it's just sometimes I feel like you guys don't trust me," you pout, slouching your shoulders while watching Bonnie put a birthday hat on top of a little boy's head. With a dejected sigh, you turn back to Freddy, "I want to be like you, Freddy. You're always making everyone happy, but I can't do that because I'm always scaring everyone away."

Freddy's face melted into one of concern as he watched your demeanor change and like a flash, he quickly scooped you up into his arms.

"Why is that? You're not scary at all," he tilted his head and smiled his most genuine smile.

"The other kids say I'm dirty and smell funny..," you exhale, staring at Freddy's bow tie in shame. "It's not my fault I don't know how to take a bath."

Freddy pondered over this for a moment, thinking of a way he could help. Because he himself could not touch water or get wet in anyway, he would have to ask someone who wouldn't malfunction at the slightest drop.

"I'll ask Henry to teach you," he beamed brightly as he came to this conclusion, "What about that?"

You looked up at him in surprise. You hadn't thought of that.

"Sure."

~~

The next few weeks were pretty simple. You had a routine to follow when you woke up in the mornings and today was like any other day.

You woke up, got in the shower like Henry taught you, found something to eat for breakfast in the cabinets above the kitchen counter, and locked the front door of your house before you headed over to the Pizzeria. It wasn't very far and you quite liked the walks in the morning.

When you arrived at the doors to the Pizzeria, you were surprised to find them locked. They usually always kept them unlocked for you. That didn't deter you from finding a way in like you used to do though. After a few more knocks to try to alert someone's attention, you decide to go to one of the back windows. Sometimes the workers would leave them open to help the air circulate.