Control?

Rachael's POV: 

"Ugh..." I groaned wearily as I opened my eyes to a bright light glaring at me. I turned my head slightly to avoid the brightness and slowly tried to focus my blurry vision on the figure next to me. After blinking a few times and squinting, I was finally able to make out the figure.

The long blonde hair was spread across the side of the bed, with a few strands falling over her face. She appeared relaxed, with her head resting on her arms and a slight smile forming on my lips as I admired her features. Carefully, I sat up from the bed without making any noise.

I gently pull the stray strands of hair away from her face and tuck them behind her ear. Her brows twitch at the sudden movement, and her nose scrunches up. I can't help but giggle softly to myself; she's simply adorable. 

I gently whispered to wake her up, and as her eyes slowly opened, she breathed a sigh of relief. Her gaze softened as she greeted me with a soft "Hey, you're awake." 

I returned the smile and responded, "You're awake too." 

She then asked me how I was feeling and reached over to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I nodded slightly and replied, "I'm feeling better now. What happened?" 

She explained that I had a panic attack and fell over while she was trying to talk to me about something.

"It's been a while since I last had a panic attack," I whisper to myself, glancing at her. She gently places her hands on my face and says, "I'm happy to see that you're feeling better now."

As we gaze into each other's eyes, I notice a mole next to her left brow and her deep blue eyes soften. Her hands are still on me and I realize how close our faces have become. Gently, I place my hands on her cheeks and feel her breath on my skin. Our breathing synchronizes, and her lips part slightly as she whispers my name, "Rachael..."

As I sense the warmth and sincerity emanating from her, my heart races and my eyes flutter gently. I tilt my head and lean in, and she mirrors my movements as we draw closer together. As I closed my eyes, anticipating the moment our lips would meet, a sudden burst from the door interrupted us. We pulled away from each other, and my eyes searched for hers. However, a voice caught my attention and made me look away.

Hannah walks in with flowers in her hands and she yells out, "Hey! Baby!"

 Irritated, I glance at her and press my lips together. Hannah looks at me with joy, but her expression changes upon noticing Samantha beside me. 

 "What brings you here?" Hannah asks with a hint of annoyance, her smile fading upon seeing Samantha.

 Samantha responds coldly, her jaw clenched, "Just being a better girlfriend than you." 

Hannah rolls her eyes and retorts, "Rachael belongs to me, don't forget that."

I roll my eyes at Hannah and shake my head in disbelief, "What do you want, Hannah?" 

"I want to spend time with you, baby, as you can see," She says, holding up the banquet of flowers. "I got you flowers."

"It's like you're saying that I'm dead," I say and gave an apology look to Samantha. Samantha let out a sigh and stand up, "I'll leave you two alone."

I was about to stop Samantha from leaving, but I held myself back knowing that it can create suspicions. I watch Samantha walk out of the room and then stop at the doorway, she look back at me and gave me a small nod. Then she left the room leaving Hannah and me alone. 

"You could've come and visited me when I went home, Hannah," I say. She walks over to me and set the banquet on the chair. Then climbs onto the bed and straddles my waist, throwing her arm over my shoulders.

"I missed you," she whispers into my ear. I gently grab her arms and start to create distance between us. She looks at me with disappointment and asks, "What are you doing?" 

"I just need some space," I reply. "I'm feeling uncomfortable.

Hannah expresses her disbelief by rolling her eyes and exclaiming, "I'm your girlfriend, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable around me."

"Han- babe, I need space, okay? I just had a panic attack, don't try to give me another one." I say, getting a bit angry. She looks at me for a minute then shrugs, "Alright, whatever you say. I am driving you home today, too." 

"What?!" I exclaim. "What about my car?" 

"We can get it later, well I can get it for you somehow. But come on baby, like you said, you just got a panic attack. I don't want you to go driving alone." She says with a smile, then kisses my cheek. "I love you." 

I push her off me and got off the bed, and try to find the nurse to ask if I can leave. Before I could search further, Hannah spoke up, "If you're trying to find the nurse. She already told me that you can leave when you're feeling better."

"Alright, let's go then," I say in defeat. 

Hannah got up from the bed and grab the banquet with her, then she hand it to me. I took it and walk out the door with her. She reach over for my hands and grab them, hoping that I would hold her hand but I didn't. So, it was her grabbing onto my hand as we walk out the door and to her car. 

"I will be fine, baby, I will arrive home safely." I protest when we reach her car. I really want to go home alone and process what happened early with Samantha. Oh, Samantha. I took a deep breath and let it out. 

"No, you're not going home alone." She says harshly this time. 

"But-"

Hannah snarled at me, "You're not going home alone, do you hear me?!" I stared at her in disbelief.