Now Let's Begin The Game

Rachael Point Of View: 

"You've got a date this Saturday?" Sam asks, still looking at her phone. 

"You-you heard?" I stutter, face flush in embarrassment. 

However, a feeling develops within me and it's the feeling of discomfort. I don't know why but telling Sam that I've got a date with someone is like telling God I've done a sin. The feeling within me, makes me want to puke or like, don't go on a date with someone. However, it's not a date though, it's just hanging out with Hannah. Then, why does it makes me feel like my inner organs are all twisted together? 

I ignore the feelings within me and say, "I guess you could say that." 

"With who?" Sam asks looking up from her phone. Her eyes darken in blank expression, but a spark of curiosity within them. 

"With Hannah," I answer her, but her body flinched when I said, Hannah. 

"Are you okay?" I ask. 

She remains silent and avoids my appearance when I try to get her attention. 

"Sam, talk to me," I whisper. 

She still remains silent and no awareness of me as I try to poke her or wave my hand in her face. 

"Tell me," I say in a demanding tone. "What is going on between Hannah and you?"

Her bright blue eyes look into mine, "Hannah is not a person who you can trust." 

My lip parted a little at what she said, everyone from what I know so far, they all dislike Hannah. 

Am I the dumb one? Who thinks Hannah is a good person? Is she a good person? My sister said Hannah is a two-faced person, is she? Austin dislikes Hannah because she changed someone into someone who he doesn't know anymore. Sophie seems like she doesn't like Hannah either, but she doesn't show it. 

I stuff my face into my palm and close my eyes, is this weird? Is my life story weird? Is it confusing? 

I'm confused, there are so many things I don't know about the history behind those people I know. Now I'm caught up with them, with the situation. 

I took a deep breath and ask Sam, "Do you have any secrets you're hiding from me?" 

"Do I look secretive?" She whisper. 

There are so many things I couldn't get straight at all, there are so many secrets and I know none. It makes me feel weak for once, it makes me feel helpless and it makes me feel like I'm the person who I can't trust. 

"Do you?" I ask again, holding Sam's hand in mine which she looks shocked for a moment. 

Sam gives me a soft smile, her eyes twinkle showing some emotions which I've never seen before, she says softly, "Rachael, everyone you know is hiding some secrets. Some secrets are worth to tell and some secrets aren't worth to tell, however, it depends on the situation if it's trustworthy. I'll tell you mine someday when I feel comfortable and strong." 

She raises my hand near her lips and plants a kiss on my ring finger, "It would take some time." 

My hand falls on my own lap, I could feel my heartbeat quicken by the sudden gesture she did. I've never seen her soft like this before, usually, she would give me a cold shoulder and ignore. She even smiled! It wasn't forced from what I can see, but wow, she's soft. 

I smile at myself, the image of Sam's smile a minute ago echoing the back of my mind. 

But still, if you're confused like me, and tired of all these secrets I am. I am tired of all these secrets, you're not the only one. As Sam said, it would take some time. However, the time would be my time because I want to know the secret now than ever. 

One thing for sure, I have to make others open up to me so I could do something about the secrets. As for now, I've got a 'date' with Hannah this Saturday. I could use that time to make Hannah open up to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're staying after for the game right?" Hannah asks me, one of her arms over my shoulder. 

We're in lunch right now, and we've got pasta today. Not too bad, but not too good either. School food sucks. 

I dump a bowl of cheese on my pasta and stir it with my plastic fork, "Yeah, my parents allow it. I can't wait to see who's going to win." 

"Us, duh," Hannah says proudly, and tighten her arms around me. 

Her arm has moved from my shoulder to my waist, she rests her chin on my shoulder that is near her and her other arm wraps me from the front. This is hard to eat my pasta. She's cuddling me on the side, and I could feel my skin warming up underneath her. She's too close. 

"I can't wait for our date this Saturday," Hannah whispers next to my ear, brushing my ear lightly with her lips. 

Fuck. 

My palm start to sweat as I grasp on my fork, my ear is burning up and her warmth is burning me up. Way too close. 

"Ye-yeah, I can't w-wait either," I stutter, feeling the heat rising my form the back of my neck. 

She looks at me before pulling away with a smirk plant on her face, "You look cute." 

My heart flatters at her compliment, but my brain is fuzzy. I look into her hazel eyes and her smirking lips then I realize, she's teasing me. 

"Fuck you," I curse at her, glaring at her too. 

"Gladly," She says, her smirk grew wider. 

I pulled away from her annoyed, definitely not in the mood of sex jokes when I'm trying to figure out why being a cheater could cause so much hate. Not just any hate in particular, but getting hates from close friends. 

Her face filled with hurt before covering up with a smile, "Sorry, if I've made you uncomfortable." 

I bite my lower lip and continue my pasta, not bothering to answer.