Trouble

Rachael Point Of View: 

"Get your ass here, young lady," Mom says sternly, she grips the spoon in her hand and point at an empty spot next to her. I look at Hannah, who looks nervous, and I give her an apology look then went next to my Mom.

"Now, tell me," Mom says, slapping the spoon in her hand. "Who are you? Trying to barge into my house?"

I saw Hannah gulp, and she removes her foot in between the doorway. Mom came up to her, and she points the spoon at Hannah.

"Ma'am, I was the girl this morning, who brought your daughter to the cafe," Hannah says shakily, holding up her trembling hands. I could tell she's sweating in fear as my Mom looks up at her with an angry face.

Mom looks at Hannah for a moment before scrunching her eyebrows in confusion, "...oh..."

"Yeah..." Hannah says, still keeping her hands up.

Both of them look at each other, and I look at them awkwardly.

Mom's cooking spoon is still pointing at Hannah near her chest, and the door is open. The breeze from outside enters some gasp in between Hannah and the door, giving me chills.

"So..." I speak up, and Mom turns her head at me with an eyebrow raised. "Could Hannah come in now? Cause the house is becoming chilly now, winter is almost here."

"Right," Mom says, snapping her fingers. "Come in, Hannah."

Hannah enters the house and closes the door quietly. I went next to her meanwhile she took off her shoes. Mom walks back to the kitchen, and I heard a ding from the kitchen.

"Mom!" I shout, "Did you baked cookies?!"

I heard some shuffling in the kitchen as I placed Hannah's shoes in the shoe cabinet.

"Young lady, we are literally under the same roof, please don't yell. I'm going to be deaf before I become a grandma," Mom says, popping out from the kitchen, her mitten hands are lay on her hips.

"I shouted, not yelled," I mumbled.

"Technically the same thing," Hannah mumbled back, she reached for my hand however she jerks her hand back to her side. I look at her showing, a confused expression then, I look over at my Mom, who's glaring at Hannah.

Oh.

I clear my throat, "Mom, this is Hannah -"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I remembered," Mom cuts me off as she waves her mitten hands. "Now tell me, what do you want to do with my daughter?"

"We are - " Hannah started but got interrupted by someone stomping down the stairs.

"Did I heard Hannah?!" Abigail hollers as she continues stomping down the stairs until she got to the last one. "Where is that nut head?!"

She looks around until her eyes landed on Hannah, who looks a bit frightened.

"Hi...I'm Hannah," Hannah says, smiling at Abby.

Abby walks up to Hannah with her arm crossed in front of her chest, "So you're Hannah, you look decent."

I look at both of them and shrug.

"I'm going to get some cookies," I say, making my way to the kitchen.

I was about to grab the cookies when mitten hands stopped me.

"Ever heard of patience?" Mom says, pushing the cookies away from me. "It's still hot, let it cool down for a bit."

"But - but," I say, giving her my puppy eyes.

"Yes, I do own a butt," Mom smirks and rolls her eyes. "Tell me, who is this Hannah? Be specific."

I let out a sigh and lean on the kitchen counter.

"Hannah used to be one of my friends. I mean, she is still a friend, but she's more," I say, looking at the ground.

"Well then, is she a best friend?" Mom questions me, taking off her mitten gloves. I shake my head as I look at Abigal and Hannah, both of them who look serious.

"Best friends, but like best friends as sister wise?" Mom question again, I shake my head harder.

"What else is more?" Mom asks, throwing her hands up.

I let out a sigh, "Mom, I'm bisexual, remember?"

"Yeah, what does it have to do with this?" She asks, tapping her chin.

Geez, how hallow is her head?

"Hannah is my girlfriend," I say, looking at Mom straight in the eyes.

She went from shock reaction to furious to looking confused.

"But you guys don't look like a couple," Mom says. "Not to mention, but I thought you're into blondes."

I shrug, "People changes, you know."

"True, is she better than Becky?" Mom asks, curiosity filled in her eyes.

"I'm going to eat some cookies," I said, snatching a cookie from the counter. Then I rushed out of the kitchen, and grab Hannah on my way to the stairs. "Come on. I'll get cookies for you later."

Hannah quickly followed me upstairs, leaving Abby behind.

"Idiot, I need a talk with you," yelled Abby.

"Later," I yelled back.

"Ladies! We live under the same roof, is it too much to ask to be quiet?!" Mom yells in the kitchen.

I brought Hannah to my bedroom and lock the door when we both got in.

"Sorry about the craziness," I apologize to Hannah, she smiles at me.

"Your sister cares about you a lot," Hannah says, she brushes her finger over my cheek.

"It's called sister relationship," I said, walking to my bed and sat there.

Hannah did the same. She sat next to me.

"What did you and Abby talk about, you guys looked serious," I ask, Hannah peck a kiss on my cheek. She wraps her arms around me and tightens it.

"Just about each other, we introduced to each other and talked," Hannah says. "Also, I told her that you're my girlfriend now. She looked disappointed for a while until I told her how amazing you are to me."

I bite my lower lip, remembering the conversation with Abby about Hannah...and about Sam. I lower my head, and the thought of Sam should stop. I have a girlfriend now.

"I told my Mom that you're my girlfriend," I say, Hannah looks at me happily.

"That's amazing, and now we just need to tell our friends," Hannah mumbles in my shoulder. "By the way, I heard your Mom talked about someone."

I look at her, confused, "Who?"

"Becky." 

I guess I gotta tell her who is Becky is now.