I Choose You

Rachael Point Of View: 

.....

.....

.....

"Get your lazy butt up!"

Someone burst into my room, and I screamed as I fall off my bed. Quickly, I scrambled out of the blanket I'm tangled up to and grab my phone from the nightstand.

"Please, please don't kill me," I say, panicking, trying to look at the person in the dark. I try to put in my password into my phone, but having trembling hands isn't helping at all. I start to snob, and my visions get blurry every second as I try to open up my phone.

I look up to see the figure coming closer to me. I back up to the wall behind me, panic and fear fill in my chest. Where are my parents? Where is Abby? Oh my gosh, what if they are all dead? Please, God, I haven't finished all the cookies yet, so please don't take me away.

"You-you could take anything from me, but please don't kill me!" My voice cracks, tears flowing down my cheeks. "Please don't kill anyone, you could take all the cookies and even my pads, but please don-"

The light flickered on, and I winced at the sudden brightness. My arm stretches out to find the teddy bear, and I did, grabbing the teddy bear at my side, putting it in front of me like a shield.

"Why are you crying?" The voice softens, I peek over the teddy bear to see Abby in her nightgown. Her dark brown hair is a mess, but her eyes are wide awake.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I screech, throwing the teddy bear at her face.

"What are you talking about?" Abby asks, catching the teddy bear in mid-air.

I stomp my way up to her, "I thought you're an intruder!"

"Well, I'm sorry," Abby says as she rolls her eyes. "But look at the time."

I give her my death glare before grabbing my phone off the floor. I check the time, it's almost time to wake up, but my alarm hasn't ring yet.

"What about it?" I ask, frowning at her, still pissed at her for bursting in.

"It's time to wake up, Idiot," Abby says. "Also, you haven't told me why you're dating Hannah, not Samantha."

I roll my eyes and snatch the teddy bear out of her grasp. I crawl back on my bed and grab the blanket off the floor.

"Wake up! Why are you back in bed?" Abby questions me, her hands on her hip. She went over to my desk and took some napkins. "And use this to clean up your tears."

"You should've knocked, you know," I mumbled in the teddy bear. "You gave me a panic attacked, and I was scared."

"I'm sorry, but it's time to wake up," Abby apologizes.

"Let me recover from the shock," I said, snuggling up with the teddy bear.

Abby left the room with the lights on, so it was hard to fall back asleep. I lay on the bed for a couple of minutes before getting p to get ready for school. Today is the day, Hannah wants us to be an official couple in school. She's going to pick me up, and we would enter the school holding hands then announce we're a couple.

It sounds simple, but I don't think I would like to face Sam today. It's not because I'm ashamed of my relationship with Hannah. Hannah is a good girlfriend but gets jealous often. Like yesterday night, it was a surprise to a carnival. There were a ton of couples during the carnival date, wearing the same clothes, or being clingy with each other. However, Rachael being Rachael, or in other words, typical me. I wore my ex-girlfriend leather jacket during the date with Hannah. It's a free jacket, okay? Also, it makes me look cool. Hannah wasn't having the best night, unlike me, I was enjoying the rides.

Facing Sam today is going to be hard, and our last conversation didn't end well either. Sam is someone who I don't know much, but it's scary to say, not going to lie. I am attracted to her. I love every physical feature of Samantha Baltimore, and if I have the chance to run my fingers in her hair and on her skin. No doubt. I would take the opportunity to do it, and I would do it over and over. It's wrong to think of these thoughts when I'm dating Hannah. I'm supposed to think of those thoughts about Hannah, not someone who I barely know, yet I know I want more of Samantha than Hannah.

I let out a sigh and start to pull my hair back into a high ponytail.

"Hannah is my girlfriend, and Samantha is my acquaintance," I mutter under my breath before leaving the bathroom.

I walk downstairs and saw Dad reading a newspaper.

"Good Morning, Dad," I say, grabbing a cookie from the pan.

I took a bit of it, "Aw man, this is cold."

"There's a thing called a microwave, Honey," Mom says, entering the kitchen. "By the way, Hannah is in front of the house, waiting for you."

I dashed out of the kitchen and took my bag before heading out, "Bye! I love you!"

Hannah's head shot up when I knocked on the car window, letting her know the door is still locked. She unlocked the door, and I got into the shotgun seat.

"Good Morning, Baby," Hannah says softly, I look at her shock.

"We're doing pet names now?" I ask a small smile form on my lips.

"Why not? I think it suits you pretty well," She smirks, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek. "You look beautiful today."

"So, I don't look beautiful yesterday?" I ask, heartbroken, looking at her with a sad expression.

"Baby, you look beautiful every day, but if you would like me to compliment you every day. I would gladly do it," Hannah says, grabbing my chin as she pecks my forehead.

When she's about to pull back, the thought about Samantha and Hannah crossed my mind. Hannah is my girlfriend, and Samantha is my acquaintance.

I grab her by the back of her neck, pulling her closer to me as I lean foreword to her lips. Our lips brushed against each other gently, not trying to hurt each other. Her hands travel up to my back, shifting in her seat for a better position, and I did the same. Both of us, not trying to break the kiss, taking in her scent of cinnamon as her soft lips hover over mine before coming back again. There is no tongue involved in this kiss, a kiss that is soft and consuming, trying to deepen the kiss.

"Ew, I asked for a ride, not an episode of making out in the car," said a voice in disgust in the back seat.

Breaking the kiss, I look to see who it is.

Abigail Tyler McCracken.

"Way to ruin the moment," Hannah chuckles.