For Now, Until Then

Hannah Point of View: 

I look at my watch that is around my wrist then back at my laptop. The clock is ticking on a nearby wall, my parents are downstairs watching something off the television and I'm upstairs alone with no one. Today is Saturday, it's not just another Saturday for me though. 

I lean back in my chair as I listen to the soothing wind grazing through trees through my open window. The trees are almost naked from leaves falling to the ground, it's going to snow soon. Winter is about to come and the holidays are closer than ever. 

If it wasn't for Rachael, today would be just a normal day and yesterday would just be another day in the past. My life is a mess, I've gained more haters than lovers and those haters are people who used to be close to me. It didn't bother me that much until Rachael came into my life, she made me realized my surroundings. 

I let out a sigh, feeling the weight on my shoulders still there. 

"What have I done?" I mumbled to myself, stuffing my face in between my palms. 

...Ding...Ding...

My notification went off, a text message pop up on the screen saying, Rachael

Rachael

I smile when I saw her message, warmth filled up within me and I hug myself in response. 

~Text Message~ 

Rachael 😇 : About the date, when are you going to pick me? Cause you didn't tell me, and I don't want to be late. 

 The movie starts around 6 pm, but I would be picking you up around 5 pm. : Hannah 

Rachael 😇 : Why 5 pm? I want to cuddle with my teddy bear a bit longer. 

You could cuddle with me when I pick you up. 😏 : Hannah 

Rachael 😇 : In your dreams, flirt. I'm going back to work, after work, I'll send you my address, flirt. 

Alright, I'm looking forward to it. See you later, princess. 😘 : Hannah

Rachael 😇 : I can't wait to see the movie, see you later, flirt. 😍

~~~

I smile at her last message, she's amazing. I got up from my chair and rushed downstairs, both my parents look at me when I reach the last step. 

"Where are you going?" My Dad asks, sipping his tea with his arms wrap around my Mom who looked up from her book. 

The love between my Dad and my Mom is something that I want, pure love. Something I always wanted but did I missed the chance at it when I was with Samantha? 

I used to think that Samantha and I shared something passionate and fulfilling, however, one day I felt like I'm missing a piece of myself. That is why I cheated, I cheated because I want to find the missing piece. I thought it was with a boy, I thought I need a man in my life like the people in the church would say. A man and a woman would match together perfectly, unlike other combinations. 

I never told anyone the reason why I cheated, but I just accept my fault because I did cheat on Samantha. 

"I'm going to buy flowers for someone," I say simply, hiding the smile when I thought of the person. "I'll be back soon." 

I snatch my keys off the kitchen table and left the house with a smile on my face and my heart pumping in excitement. Today is the day, where I'm going to be alone with Rachael, someone who views me as a better person than I am. Someone who didn't treat me wrong because of my reputation, she treated me like a normal person. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's 5 pm, and I'm in front of a cafe, not her house. But a cafe. What? Did I got the wrong address, I look down at my phone to double-check I'm the right place. One of my hands is holding the flowers that I would be giving her later, and I'm trying to text with one hand. My hands are shaking because I'm nervous. I'm worried and nervous, I'm worried that I'm at the wrong place and I'm nervous about giving these flowers to Rachael. 

"Sup! You're my movie partner, let's go!" exclaimed a voice, I look up to see Rachael bursting through the door with a bright smile. "What are you waiting for - oh! Are those flowers?!" 

I stumble my way up to her and brought the flowers to her chest, I look at her flustered, "Here, these are for you beautiful." 

She looks at me confused but took the flowers from my hand. 

"Uh...these are white roses, don't they do this during weddings?" She asks, puffing her cheeks. "I don't want to get married, I'm too young!"

I chuckle, "No, white roses mean new beginning and innocence." 

Rachael sniffs the flowers and holds it against her chest, she asks quietly, "So, it doesn't mean I'm getting married?" 

I smile down at her, "Of course it doesn't mean you're getting married...unless you want to get married to me." 

I smirk at her, she rolls her eyes and shakes her head. 

"You didn't bang your head yesterday, did you?" She asks, bringing her hand up to my forehead. 

I look at her confused, why would she ask that? 

"Cause, you've been extra flirty today," She says slyly. "Not to mention, flowers? You're being romantic today when we're just going to watch movies." 

I look at her sheepishly, "I'll tell you after the movie, come on let's go." 

I grab her hand, intertwining our fingers as we make our way to the car. Tonight is just the beginning of something new, my heart drums within my chest. 

Samantha and I are the past, our relationship has ended a long time ago and it's time to move on for the best of us. Austin would have to forgive me, but I'm willing to forgive Austin first. The way we treat girls is wrong, but sometimes you wouldn't know until one person opens your eyes. I hope there would be one person out there to show Austin, what he's doing wrong. Like Rachael, who made me realized how people treated me differently than how Rachael treats me. Sophie and I, she doesn't hold anything onto me, but I do know, she wants a good relationship between Austin and me to be back. As for Mason, I guess, I should show him that I could be a better person. 

I drove to the theater with my hand intertwined with Rachael's hand during the ride. My smile stayed there, and I look over to Rachael, who's smiling as she looks at the white roses. 

I don't know how to say this, but what I did in the past is wrong. What I want now, is to change to be better. 

I glance back at Rachael again, smiling at her.