Or What We Can't Have

Rachael Point Of View:

The next day, Hannah picked me up from my house, and I skipped breakfast because Hannah brought me to a small cafe for breakfast. It wasn't loud or quiet in the cafe, and the streets aren't busy as usual since it's Sunday. The ride to the cafe wasn't nosy either, just silence in between us, probably because I keep on dozing on and off.

Hannah ordered a cup of latte, and I ordered a cup of cappuccino, we ordered some sweets and pancakes. Her hand reaches over the table, placing her hand over mine, giving it a small squeeze and a small smile shown on her face.

"You've been so quiet, is everything okay?" Hannah asks softly, rubbing her thumb on the back of my hand. I took a sip of my cappuccino and set the cup down.

"Waking me up at 7 AM is not the best idea, Hannah, it's too early," I say and yawn with my free hand over my mouth. "I'm still sleepy."

I blink away the tears that have formed in my eyes after the yawn, Hannah gives me a sheepish smile, and I just shook my head.

"Give me some tips or strategy to wake up early," I took my fork, and start eating the pancake in front of me.

I let out a satisfied hum and close my eyes as I devour the pancake.

"Man, this is a lot better than the burn pancakes I cook at home," I say happily, digging through my pancakes and stuff it into my mouth. Hannah chuckles in amusement, her eyes glitter with happiness filled within them.

"Well, I could give you some tips to wake up early," Hannah says, patting her napkins on her lips to wipe away some crumbs. "You could go to bed early, or you can sleep with me."

I raised a brow at her, "Sleep with you?"

"I cuddle with a pillow because it gives me a good night's sleep, I would wake up early," She reasoned. "Maybe it could work with you, but...can we cuddle?"

I brought the cup to my lips and took a sip from it.

"We could have a sleepover tonight," Hannah suggested. "Then, I'll drive you to school tomorrow."

I nod at her suggestion, "I'm in, but I would need to tell my Mom first."

Hannah gives me a thumb up, and we continued eating our meal. When we got our check, we bickered back and forth about who should pay for the meal. In the end, the waitress slipt our check half. Our hand intertwined between us as we walk out of the cafe.

"You could've let me pay the meal," Hannah mumbles, and I give her a gentle punch on her arm.

"No, I should've paid for it," I say. Hannah let out a huff, and we both got into her car.

"Where are we going to next?" I question Hannah, buckling myself up. She got the car started and start backing up.

"There's a surprise for you tonight, but for now, we could just..." Hannah paused for a moment. "Um... What do you want to do?"

A small giggle escapes my lips when Hannah looks at me looking, a bit guilty, and she said, "I'm sorry, I didn't plan out the day."

"I'm empty-minded, too," I said, twirling my hair in my fingers. "Unless we could get to know each other better."

Hannah turns on the radio in the car when we stop on a red light, and music filled the car. Her fingers drum on the steering wheel, and her other hand carelessly brushes through her hair. I took this opportunity to study her feature, my girlfriend's feature. Her dark eyelashes flutter as she blinks, a mole planted on her jaw, and she licks her lips, preventing from getting dry up. Hannah is pretty, and her features aren't sharp like Sam's.

The light turns green, right on the beat, when a song called Perfect explodes through the radio. The sun is up now, and we're driving towards it.

"Rachael," Hannah says, taking my hand on my thigh. She brought it up to her lips, "You're perfect."

She plants a kiss on the top of my hand, a warmth filled in my chest, and flattering feelings brought a smile on my face.

"I'm not perfect," I whisper under my breath, hoping she didn't hear me. I moved my hand on my thigh and intertwined our fingers.

Hannah looks at me, giving me a lop-sided smile, which a faint dimple showed up.

"No one is perfect," Hannah raised my hand to her lip as she plants a kiss on it again. The song continues playing as I wait for Hannah to finish her sentence.

"But you're perfect in my eyes, Rachael," She continued, giving me a reassuring squeeze. "There are people out there who are prettier than you, who is smarter than you, and...there are people who are taller than you."

Hannah mumbled the last part, but I heard it. I glared at her and hit her arm.

"Don't you dare make fun of my height, or else," I threaten her, and point my finger at her. She stops the car in front of my house, and I hope off the car rushing to the front porch.

I heard a door slam behind me and footsteps coming towards me. My back is still facing Hannah, and I took out my keys to get in the car. I fumbled through my keys to find the right one. Eventually, I went through each key to get to the right one. Finally, I open the door and let myself in.

"Wait, wait," Hannah says, holding onto the doorknob. She has her foot in between the door and the doorframe preventing from closing. "Let me in."

"I don't remember this is your house," I say, looking around to see if I could spot her name. I try to close the door, but Hannah's foot is in the way.

"I'm sorry for indirectly calling you short," Hannah apologizes, but I could tell she's trying to hold in her laugh.

I roll my eyes, "This is the second time you're calling me short."

"Sorry," Hannah says sheepishly, trying to open the door wider.

"No, you're not coming in," I smirk at her, seeing her struggle trying to open the door wider.

She gives me a pout and puppy eyes, "Please, I swear I'll be a good girl."

"No," I smirk. Hannah's so cute when she does that, and I'm trying to resist her.

"Please, Rachael," She says again.

"Rachael Josephine MacCracken! If you keep that door open for another second, I'm going to cook your ass up!" A voice shriek behind me, I turn around and saw my mom holding a cooking spoon looking furious in her apron. 

Here we go again. 

I'm in the hot tub now.