Revenge- 11

It's been two days since Jade's parents kicked her out. They said they didn't want a sinner living in their house with them. As soon as my parents heard they immediately offered her to stay with us.

I haven't seen Eli around the house anymore and I'm pretty sure him and Danni are in some type of fight.

I walk into my fourth hour class and take seat. I look over to the empty seat where Eli used to sit before he kept ditching this class. But as if on cue Eli walks through the door.

"Eli, good to see you've finally joined us for once. Take a seat and have Kade catch you up on what you've missed. You've got a lot of homework young man," our teacher says. Mmm, that sounds like a lot of responsibility. And why does the teacher automatically assume that I was paying attention during class.

Eli sits down next in his original spot next to me. Cameron who's a seat a way goes, "Yeah man, I forgot to ask you, why do you keep skipping this class?"

Eli answers in a hushed tone, "Eh. Wasn't really feeling up to learn about stuff I won't need in life." Sureeee. That's why.

"You left me alone in this class. You suck you know."

"You swallow."

But Cameron came right back at him, "You choke." And then he turn around.

Eli is about to say something but stops himself since he can't think of a better comeback. He does this pout face and leans back in his chair defeated. I can't help but chuckle at this little talk him and his friend had.

"Haha, well that was interesting," I say but it comes out sounding awkward. He looks at me with a clinched jaw.

"Can you just catch me up please."

Ugh that hurts. It'd be a good time for me to become a missing person.

I catch Eli up on most of what I remembered from the last few lessons. His hand is lying on the table and I go to touch the mouse but my hand accidentally grazes his. We both look down at our hands, but then after a second he retracts his hands down onto his lap.

"I'm sorr-" I start but he interrupts me.

He quickly states, "It's fine. Let's just get back to work."

••••••••••• *E͙l͙i͙'s͙ P͙.O͙.V͙.* ••••••••••••

Fuck. I couldn't let him show how much that small of an action affected me. I love Danni. I know I love Danni. I've had sex with her. Of course I love her.

We got in a fight a couple days ago but we'll be fine. We always are. Right? I wish I could repeatedly hit my head against the wall.

After school is over I open my garage door, coming in from the basement.

"Mom! Ella! Anyone home?" I call out to my mom and 5 year old sister.

I hear a faint cry come from my room which is in the basement. I immediately rush over to my room and open the door to see Danni sitting there... crying?

"Danni?"

She looks up at me, sniffling. "Your uh mom and," sniffle, "sister are at the park. I uh- we need to talk."

"How'd you even get in here?" I ask baffled.

She rubs her nose, "Your mom let me in. Look Eli that's not important. Eli we need to talk." Please don't let this be about Kade. Please don't let this be about Kade. Please don't let this- "I cheated on you."

Woah.

Definitely not what I was expecting. Danni starts crying again. Why is she the one crying? Why aren't I upset like she is? I mean I kind of hate to admit it but it doesn't really make me feel any different. It's like I don't even care at all.