Sleepover-6

"Hey so," I began to ask awkwardly, "wanna hang out after school?" I regretted the stupid question as soon as it left my mouth. I was asking Eli to hang out with me, but the weird thing is we've never actually spent time together. Sure, he'd be at my house for my sister and we'd talk then, but never as friends. Over Spring Break, I feel like we've become closer but maybe it's my imagination playing stupid tricks on me.

He pulled one of those half smiles, his chestnut eyes sparkling, "I'd love to, but me and some of the other guys from the team last year are going out to get a bite to eat." He bit his lip, sucking it in before letting it go.

I scratched at the nape of my shirt, nodding, "Yeah, yeah sure. Right." I'm just dragging out my response, while clapping my hands together obviously making the situation more awkward.

Eli reached out and grabbed my hands, "Hey, hey," he said staring right into my eyes, "I really want to hang out with you." There was amusement dancing in his eyes and a small smile forcing its way on his handsome face. He looked around, thinking, "How about after? I'll be done around 10-11, we hang out for a little bit, I spend the night, then I'll drive to school from your house. Deal?" Where he was touching was tingling.

I gulped eyeing him shaking my head up and down, "Deal."

"Great," Eli said dropping my hands. He slowly walked away backwards grinning, it almost looked like a scene from a movie, "See you then." His dark purple vans dragging against the ground before he turns around and jogs off to his car. I couldn't help but smile. His ass looked really good in those jeans.

"Ugh I'm so bored," I said repeatedly banging my head against the wall.

Jade was over my house and we were watching Orange is the New Black. It 7 'o clock and I was bored out of my fucking mind.

"Ahhhhgggahghflah!" I screamed seeing a spider. "Holy monkey's left nut there's a spider!" I scrambled on top of my bed. Jade rolls her eyes and gets up to get one of my shoes, walks over to where I saw the spider, and kills it. "God, I'm gonna have to burn my shoe!"

Jade scoffs, "What are you so afraid of, they're literally way smaller than you."

"Yeah, well so are grenades!" I yell still shaken up. Spiders creep me the fuck out. I'm literally shaking.

"Calm down," she says slapping me. Jade gets up to go get a tissue to wipe my shoe off with.

I narrow my eyes at her even though she can't see me, "You have no boundaries."

She comes back in a second later, "Please go play in traffic."

"Please down a bottle of sleeping pills."

"Well aren't you guys just a bundle of joy." Wait. Is that?

"Eli."

He was leaning on my doorway with his legs crossed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask looking at my phone, "It's only a little bit after 7." He wasn't supposed to be here for another 3 hours.

Jade looked at us before picking up her stuff, "I've got to go anyway so see you guys."

"Bye," I said as she left. Eli waved as she walked passed him.

He walked over and sat next to me on the bed; a little too close. I mean it's not like I'm complaining or anything. He had his hands interlocked, with his elbows resting on his knees. "I uhm. I left early."

"Why?" I asked.

He sat up and looked at me, "For you."

I was speechless for a second. Did my brain just suddenly decide to go on a holiday? I could only muster up one word, "What?"