Hugs -14

I open my bedroom door letting Eli pass me first.

My mind is in fanboy overload. This is better than when Jude and Connor kissed. I'm such Jonnor trash I swear.

I can't believe I freaking have a boyfriend. A full on, hot, sexy, popular, jock boyfriend. I think I might die from excitement. Wait, if I die then I won't have a boy friend anymore I'll be dead.

Kaden, don't die.

I walk out of my room behind Eli. We walk into the dining room and I see Ben and Danni already sitting down.

My mom who's just about done with dinner cuts the awkward silence, "Come on and sit boys," she says, "Dad will be home soon." And as if on cue my father walks through the front door.

We all sit down, my mom taking a seat also after making everyone's plates. I can see the obvious confusion on both of my parents face, probably as to why there's a random boy in our house and why there's no one's talking.

My dads the first one to speak, "Where's Jade?"

I look up from my food, "Oh she's having dinner at Rebecca's tonight. Rebecca's family wanted to meet her."

My dad nods turning the room silent again. My mom pushes food around her plate, "Okay, what the hell is going on?"

Even though my mom doesn't specify what she means by that, everyone clearly understands she means the tension that's thick in the air.

Danni glares at me, her voice laced with anger, "Oh I don't know, ask the boyfriend stealer."

I hit back immediately, "Maybe I didn't have to take him from you if you were a good enough girlfriend."

She scoffs, "Are you kidding me, I was there for him! I just wanted him to give me something!" She's about yelling now.

"Something?!" Eli breaks into our conversation. "I gave you everything!"

Eli pushes his chair back and leaves in a huff. Zero to a hundred real quick. But I guess this means the breakup really did mess with his head. Damn it.

Danni sits there wide eyed.

I quiet down my voice and speak directly at my sister, "All you ever did was control things. And hey, I get it, control is a nice thing... Until we lose it."

I get up and follow Eli out of the room. I bet that dinner is going to be even more awkward and I'm sure Danni's going to give my parents all of the details of what happened to cause that little argument back there but she's only going to give her side of the story.

Seeing my front door left ajar, I slowly walk outside to see a cute Eli sitting on my doorstep.

"Well that went well," I laugh out as I sit next to Eli, close enough to give him comfort.

He doesn't speak and I see him fidgeting with a redish-brown bracelet on his wrist. I've seen him with it a lot. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen him without it.

I point to it, "Does it mean a lot to you?"

He huffs before talking, "Yeah," his body shakes a little, "It was my dads. He died a while back in a car accident. It was in his possessions when they found him. Instead of burying him in it, Mom gave it to me. Told me to always wear it." He pauses for a while," I just- I wonder if he'd be proud of me. All the choices I've been making. That's all I've ever wanted. Is to make him proud."

I grasp his hand, tightening my grip to show that I'm here for him. No words need to be spoken. He gets it, I'm there for him. Eli goes in for a hug and I comply. He sets his his head into my neck. I love hugs. They were invented to tell people you love them without words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eli had went home a bit ago. I wonder what everyone was saying about us at school. There's bound to be negative things. There where when I came out. I just hope he can handle them. And what is he even going to tell his mom?

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in."

I see my mom hesitantly open my door, "Hey sweet cheeks, can we talk?"

I nod to her. Let's cross our fingers that this is going to go well.

She sits at the foot of my bed with her 'mom face' letting me know this is going to be serious, so I sit up.

She tilts her head to both sides probably trying to figure out how to start her words. "Sooo, Danni told me what happened."

I lift my eyebrows, did she now, "What exactly did Danni say?"

My mom breaths out, "Well after she sent that one boy home she practically cried out something about you stealing her boyfriend and practically taking a knife to her back."

I can't help but roll my eyes, "Yeah, did she mention the part about her cheating on Eli."

"Well no-"

"Or how about the part where they kind of broke up and Eli asked me to prom formly, like a proper person," I continue, stopping her from finishing.

She looks pretty token aback, "Oh wow, you're going to prom?"

I nod at her.

My mom takes a huge deep breath, "Jesus, okay, lot has happened. I need to call MTV out here so they can film and make a show out of this."

I laugh at her response to things.

She stands up, "Okay, well I figured there was more to Danni's yelling and now that everything's settled. Give momma bear a hug."

I laugh, "God, okay."

Standing to my feet, I walk the few steps to where my moms standing and give her a big hug.

We break from the hug but she still holds me and brushes my fringe out of my face, "I love you."

I look down at the ground and put on my best annoyed face, "Love you too mom." Truthfully I love my mom insanely. I'd go to hell and back for her.

She swats my butt.

"Ow!" I exclaim.

She smirks at me, "Be good." She points and closes my room. I chuckle while shaking my head. Yeah whatever you say mom.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(A/N) Squeals from cuteness. This chapter was so cute. Thank you guys so much for reading. It's still not over yet though, you can't get rid of me that easily. Please vote and comment! I'm serious guys I like jump out of my bed (because I never leave my bed) when I get a notification that someone has commented. I read all of them and they make me smile soooo prettyyyyyyyyyy pretty please comment (With a gay boy on top). It legit means the world to me. Alright guys, see you soon. *salutes*

-Emily