Mom, We Need To Talk -15

I wake up to my phone ringing, Eli's name flashing on the screen. I reluctantly turn over to grab my phone. I press the green button answering the call.

"Yeah," I say with a hoarse voice.

Eli coughs, "I kind of need your help with something."

"Yeah, I kind of need my beauty sleep."

"You're beautiful enough already, Can you just come over?" He says so quick that I barely understood him.

I nod my head before realizing he can't see me, "Sure, no problem."

ELI'S P.O.V.

It must have been at least an hour before Kade rings my doorbell. Hurrying up to answer the door before my mother does, I rush down stairs.

"Hey," I greet him, kind of mesmerized by how good he looks today. He has on a sunset tank top that shows off his muscles, khakis, and vans.

He nods his head in acknowledgement.

Guiding him through my house to my living room, I sit him down on the couch. I look into Eli's eyes. "Okay so I brought you here today because I was wondering if you could sit with me while I come out to my mom."

The look on his face tells me he most definitely did not expect that. Truly, a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have dared to even say those words. Of course I've always known that I've been attracted to boys, but I just so happen to like girls more. I thought maybe it was a phase or something but then the thing with Kade happened. He's probably the best relationship I've had and it hasn't even been a week. I've heard my mom talk about LGBT matters and I'd say she's pretty open minded but for some reason I'm still shaking in my boots at the thought of telling her that I'm bisexual and I'm now dating my ex girlfriends brother.

And all the text messages I've been getting from my friends, previous girlfriends, ex flings, people I hate, and people I don't even know, haven't been helping in the process of trying to tell my mom. Ever since I told everyone at school about Kade and I, my phone has been blowing up not stop. I read only some messages and a few were good, but a few were also bad. I just figured that going into school Monday would be better if I knew I had my moms support.

Kade put his hand on my inner thigh, "So what, you want me to be there with you." I nod my head.

I look up at the sky as if to call God down and send a prayer asking for things to go right. "Mom," I call out.

I hear a reply from the kitchen, "Yes Elias."

I see Kade stifle in a laugh from hearing my mom use my first full name. It's Finnish. I've never really liked it. "Could you come here a minute."

I didn't hear her actually give a reply but she comes into the living room wiping her hands on her apron.

And yes, she actually wears an apron while cooking.

My five year old sister Ella waltzes into the room. "I wanna hear toooooo!" She says drawing out the word too.

I lick the side of my mouthwash anticipation, my nerves building up. This is much different from telling the school. First of all, I couldn't give two shits what people at school thought about me. Second of all, when I told everyone, I had had this explosion of confidence come over me. And third of all, this is my mother. My birth giver. She pushed me out of her hoo ha.

"Sit down," I say as I motion for her to take a seat. As soon as she sits down though, my little sister pounces on her, landing on my mother's lap.

"Who's this Hun?" My mom questions me. Ella sits there with wide eyes awing at Kade, probably looking at his eyes or his attractive face.

I can do this. I can do this. Deep breath. Like ripping of a bandaid.

"This is my boyfriend, Kade," I say right when I open my eyes.

The shock on her face was prominent. She looked back and forth from me and Kade. Repeatedly my mom opened her mouth and shut it.

Ella shot her head to Kade, "Like your girlfriend but your boyfriend. Cool." She said it as if she was watching a documentary about dragons. But that's sort of what I am to her. Something different. I don't think Ella even knows what the word gay means. "Are you going to marry him?" She asks with straight curiosity. Well, I don't think straight is the best word to use in this situation but my point is made.

Kade chuckles so I look at him. His teeth breaking out onto his gorgeous face. Man, I really scored big with this one.

I answer Ella's question seriously, "One day. Yeah, maybe."

This catches both Kade's and my mothers attention. But Ella's the one to speak, "Cool."

I smile at her. My mom clears her throat, taken back, "What happened to you and Danni."

Kade puckers his lips.

How do I tell her this without laughing and not sounding like world war three happened behind her back? I speak quickly and in one breath, "Uhh, well, this is sort of Danni's brother, but like I didn't just ask Kade to go to prom with me while I was dating Danni. You see Danni cheated on me with some guy Ben who I think she's dating now. And oh yeah like I said, Kade and I are going to prom."

The look on my mothers face is priceless. Shock clearly written over her features.

I reach over and grab Kade's hand. He hasn't said anything this whole time and now I'm suddenly wondering what he's thinking and how he's feeling. I mean sure he was already out at school but now he's being bombarded with sudden surprises. First I ask him out in front of our classmates and that probably brought a lot of attention his way. He has to go to class Monday and listen to everyone talk about him and ask questions. And now I'm just randomly coming out to my family like its no big deal. Even though it is. It's a very big deal.

He gives me a reassuring smile.

My mom talks for the first time, "Dad would be so proud of you Elias. So brave."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(A/N) 10k guys!!!!!! Woah, I wouldn't be here without you. You mean the world to me. The funny part is my family knows I'm writing a story on wattpad and my mom shared the fact I hit 10k reads altogether on Facebook and now my grandfather and aunts and close family friends want to read the book. That's hilarious because they don't know it's about a gay teenager falling in love with his sister's brother. But yeah I love you guys. Maybe check out my other book Suit & Tie.

-Emily