What Happened?-8

We kissed for about 2 seconds before he pulled back. He stared at me with such shock and confusion before draping his hand around my neck and pulling me tighter into the most fanatical kiss I've ever had. It was like we were the only two people in the world; everything else was greyed out. I could feel sparks everywhere I touched him. It was the kind of kiss that would make your knees buckle. It was like that magical moment were fireworks erupt in the background. That was the only way I could describe the kiss. His hand moved up my neck as we moved. One of my arms wrapped fully around his neck.

He pushed me against the trunk, his mouth working its way down my jaw and onto my neck. He kissed this one spot on my neck making me weak. I could feel him smile against me as he sucked on that spot making me moan in pleasure. It was going really good until my phone rang. It's always the phone. Such the cockblock.

Eli drew away so fast. Like I had burned him.

"I- I didn't mean that," he looked so scared, "I-I-I've go-ot to, uh, go." He got up quickly, "Do you need a ride?" He isn't looking me in the eyes. He's barely acknowledging me. My phone still ringing in my hand, so I answer who's ever calling me.

"Hello," I say not really paying attention to the words coming out of my mouth. I'm still dazed about the situation that just happened.

"Kaden... Kaden dear, something happened. It's Nick," a frail lady said through the phone, clearly she has just stopped crying. I check the caller I.D. It's Nick's number, but I recognize the voice on the line as his mothers. I look up to see Eli motionless. He had no idea what to do with himself.

Focusing back on the call I speak fretfully, "What happened, is he okay." I turn my back to Eli so I can give my full attention the call.

Nick's mom sniffles, "Oh Kaden, he's in a comma." Uncontrollable crying busted out on the other line.

"What? I just spoke to him a few hours ago. I don't understand." I looked back and Eli had his hands in his pockets staring at the ground. He wasn't concentrating on this conversation what so ever.

I can hear her trying to gather herself, breathing deeply she responds with a shaky voice, "He was riding the bus home. Jade had already gotten off, and, well it was just him and a few others when the bus hit something. I'm not sure what and the bus flipped. And it flipped. And it just kept flipping," she starting crying. "2 dead, 7 injured, including Nick. He has some broken ribs, but he hit his head. Pretty hard and he's in a coma. They don't know if he's going to wake up," by now she was balling. I could feel some stray tears staining my face too.

"I picked up his phone and dialed some of his friends. He's not allowed to have visitors right now, but when he does, I'll let you know." And with that she hung up.

Oh my god.

So much is happening. One minute I'm making out with my sister's boyfriend and the next I'm finding out my friends in a coma. I hadn't even had time to fully process the fact that Eli kissed me.

"Everything okay?" he asks hesitantly.

I scratch the back of my head, grinding my jaw together I respond, "Something happened with Nick." I was sure he could see my tears on my face. "He's in a coma," my voice broke as soon as I said the word 'coma'. Everything on Eli's face softens instantly.

He motions me over, "Come here."

I trudge over, wrapping my arms around Eli's neck. He puts his arms around me. I lay my head into his neck. I can smell his cologne. God I love the feel of him. The smell of him. Everything about him.

He starts to rub my hair, shushing me, telling me it's going to be okay. I didn't realize I was subconsciously shaking. I could feel the hot tears on my face.