Chapter 7

~Stella's POV~
"She's brain dead..."
Once I heard those words, I stood there for a moment, then I broke down.
"I- what- how- why- how did that even happen?!" I said.
"We were... finding the bleed in her airway.. and uh she just crashed. We got her pulse back up but she wasn't breathing. Then she had severe pressure in her brain, and... her brain was just without oxygen too long. I'm so sorry.. we have her on a ventilator for now.. but it's likely she won't wake up. We haven't seen any brain activity in the past 30 mins.." Rhodes explained.
"We did all we could. Unfortunately.. her body was just moving faster than we could work." Dr. Abrams said.

I didn't know what to do or say.
"Oh my god oh my god oh my god..." I cried into Kelly's arms.
"You're joking right? My sister can't be dead!" Addilynn yelled at Rhodes.
"I'm really sorry... you guys can come with me and see her... however, it is packed right now in the ICU, so only family can go in right now.." Rhodes told us.
"Let's-... let's go see her.." Kelly's voice broke.

I was carrying Oakley and Addilynn was leaning on my shoulder. The twins were by Kelly, and we're all crying.
We got to Brielle's room. She had bruises all over her body, cuts, and she just looked so lifeless. All you could hear in the room was our sniffling and her monitors beeping.

Kelly went to Brielle's bedside and took her hand.
"I never should've let you come with me. I'm so sorry princess... it's all my fault." He cried.
"Kelly... don't blame yourself. No one could've predicted this." I said.
"When-... when will they take her off the vent? How long do we have with her like this?" Addilynn asked.
"You guys can keep her on the vent as long as you want." We turned around and saw Goodwin there.

"Thanks Sharon." I smiled at her. I looked back at my baby girl and kept on crying.
"Last thing I said to Bri before she went to Molly's last night was... I hope your meet goes wrong... I said it as a joke because she stopped my game to give me a hug before she left.. that can't be the last conversation I had with her." Jaxson told me.

"Don't worry, it won't be... she'll pull through..." I said.
"We both know that isn't true mom..when the brain is starved of oxygen for too long-" Greyson said. But Addilynn cut him off.
"Not the time, Grey." She said.

"I shouldn't have let you run off with him to Molly's.. I'm sorry baby..." I said.
"Will Bri ever wake up?" Oakley asked me.
"Don't worry Oakley.. she will.. she'll be able to take you to the park and braid your hair soon. Ok?" Addilynn smiled at Oakley with tears in her eyes.
Oakley smiled.
"Really?! Yay! Because I saw this hairstyle on YouTube that I think she could do really good! And I remember she promised we could go on a vacation just the two of us!" She said all excited.

"That's... that's great baby..." I told her. It broke my heart, she had the strongest bond with Bri, I just couldn't tell her that she would never wake up just yet.

"Mom? Can Jax, Grey, and I have a minute with Bri alone?" Addilynn asked.
"Yea sure Addie." I gave her a kiss on the top of her head.
"I'll watch them for you." Goodwin told me.
"Thank you." Kelly gave a sad smile.

~Addilynn's POV~
"Hey Bri... um... I don't really know what to say... except... you can't be gone... I wouldn't have made it through middle school without you... I'm sorry for all the rude things I say. I didn't mean them... just please wake up." I cried.
"Oh come here sweetie." Ms. Goodwin took me in and I cried into her chest.

"Bri... I'm sorry for that last conversation we had... I never meant it for real. I meant it as a joke. I'm sorry... I need you... we all need you... please.. just please.. I hate myself... I caused this all to happen! I jinxed you! Wake up Bri. Please.. wake up, wake up, wake up!" Jaxson was now hysterically crying. He went to me and leaned on me. He buried his face on my shoulder and cried.