Chapter 46

🎄Christmas🎄
Today is Christmas Day! We're so excited because this is the first year Alyssa and I are hosting it! Today our families were coming over. Just our parents and siblings. They kept trying to convince us not to host it since I'm pregnant but we really wanted to. We have a couple of fun things to do today. And a couple of flashback memory activities that we have planned for all our siblings.

"Good morning my love." I felt Alyssa stroking my hair to wake me up.
I turned over and smiled.
"Morning babe... Merry Christmas." I smiled and gave her a kiss.

"Merry Christmas." She smiled and put her hand on my stomach.
"This is the only present I really need." I smiled putting my hand on top of hers.

"It's 8am, everyone will be here in an hour." She told me.
"Ok, let's make sure everything is good." I said.
We went downstairs and everything was good. We put on our Christmas PJs and stayed downstairs waiting. Then we heard the doorbell ring.

"Hey Merry Christmas!" Everyone said.
"Merry Christmas!" We said.

We all went in the living room.
"Ok, let's get these gifts sorted out." I said. Going by the tree.
Alyssa and I handed out the gifts.
"Alright babe I need your help with these two." I laughed as I saw the gifts that was her siblings and my siblings. They were pretty heavy.

We got all the gifts situated.
"Ok so... mom, dad, Aunt Gabby, and Uncle Matt, you guys open your gifts first." I said.
"Then you weirdos open up your gifts then, Casey children you open up your combined gift, and them Severide children, same for you." Alyssa laughed.
Our parents already knew what the combined gifts were, so they were excited.

My mom opened up hers. We got her some perfume and a purse.
"Aww guys I love it!" She said and hugged us.
Then it was my dad's turn. We got him a jacket and some whiskey.
"Oh nice!" He said and smiled at us.

Then it was Aunt Gabby's turn. We got her some heels and a sweater.
"These are so cute! Thanks!" She said.
Then it was Uncle Matt's turn. We got him some beer and a cologne.
"Oh cool! Thanks!" He said.

Then it was our siblings turns.
Addilynn got a necklace, bracelet, earrings, and ring set.
Layla got some a bath and body works gift set.
Jaxson got a basketball jersey.
Greyson got a football hoodie.
Oliver got video games.
Oakley got some makeup.
Madison got a blanket hoodie thing.
Mason got video games.

They all loved their gifts.
"Ok.. now you guys open your combined ones." I said. I looked at Alyssa and smiled.
Alyssa's siblings opened theirs and mine opened theirs.

Alyssa's siblings' box had a "baby boy" blanket in it with a sonogram in it that said "hey godparents!"
And my siblings' box had a "baby girl" blanket with a sonogram that said "hey godparents!"

They looked up at us.
"Wait you really want us to be the godparents?" Addilynn asked, tearing up.
"Oh my god. That's.. oh my god!" Madison laughed and she was tearing up as well.

Alyssa and I both smiled and nodded.
"Yea of course. So you guys will be the godparents of baby girl, since I'm the one naming her." I told my siblings.
"And you guys will name baby boy since I'm naming him." Alyssa told her siblings.

Our siblings got up and hugged us.
"How would that work? They just each have 2 god fathers and 2 god mothers?" Jaxson asked.
"Yea exactly." Alyssa said.

We exchanged more gifts.
Then Alyssa and I opened ours.
I got some onesies for the twins, a hoodie, maternity jeans, a necklace, and some candy.
"Aww thanks! And.. Jaxson I'm guessing you got the candy?" I laughed. He laughed too and nodded his head.

"Why would you get her candy?" Madison laughed.
"Last week, when our parents and Alyssa were on shift, Bri was home alone, and she FaceTimes me, and all she says is, 'man, my car is at the shop and I really just want this candy'. And we laughed about it for about 10 minutes then I had stuff to do and left." Jaxson laughed.
"I just find it hilarious that you actually remembered."
I laughed.

Alyssa opened her presents, she got some toys for the babies, a bracelet, a mug, some headphones, a phone case, and a backpack.
"Aww thanks!" She said.

After the whole gift exchange, we made breakfast.
We made cinnamon buns, donuts, and pancakes.
Both of our families have always had this tradition where we always make a bunch of sweet things for breakfast on Christmas morning.

We put on some music.
"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you" we all sang.

We finished making breakfast and then we all ate.
After we ate we decided on a Christmas movie.
"We should watch Elf!" Oakley said.
"No. We always watch that!" Madison laughed.
"Home alone?" Oliver suggested.
"No. That movie sucks." Layla laughed.

"What about Christmas Chronicles?" Alyssa suggested.
Everyone agreed and we put it in on.

Everyone left at around 10pm.
Once everyone was gone, Alyssa and I were hanging out in the living room.
"I'm so excited for next Christmas.. they'll be here.." I smiled, putting my hand on my stomach.

"Yea they will." Alyssa smiled and her hand on my stomach. Baby girl kicked her hand.
"Man she's strong." Alyssa laughed.
"Tell me about it." I laughed.

Alyssa and I have had this tradition for the last 4 years we've been together that we exchange gifts with each other on Christmas night. After we've gotten home from any parties or anything.

"Hey babe.. let's exchange our gifts now.." Alyssa smiled at me.
We got each other's gifts and gave them to each other, Alyssa went first.
I got her a Starbucks gift card, these cute boots she's been wanting, and a hoodie.

"Aww babe thanks!" She said and hugged me.
Then I opened my gifts.
I got a bracelet, sunglasses, and sneakers.
"Aww babe I love all of it.. thanks." I smiled and gave her a kiss.

We were hanging out in our room now, both tired but just didn't want to go to sleep. But Alyssa has shift tomorrow.
"I'm so excited to meet them..." Alyssa said, rubbing my stomach.
"Me too.." I smiled.

"Oh it's 1am.. I have shift in the morning.." Alyssa said, looking at the clock on my nightstand.
"Do you have to go to work?" I asked.
"Yea I do.. I'm sorry." She said, and gave me a kiss.
"No it's ok.. I know you do.. I just don't want you to leave.." I said.

"I know.. I don't want to leave. You can come over.." she suggested.
"Yea.. maybe I will.." I said.

We both went to bed.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥