Chapter 85

-Time Jump-
Brielle and Alyssa's kids:
-Skylar Dawson Severide: 11 years old; 6th grade
-Cameron Matthew Severide: 11 years old; 6th grade
-Maxx Severide: 7 years old: 2nd grade
Brielle is 20 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. They're naming her Scarlett Stella Severide.

Addilynn and Lucas's kids:
-Elliott Everett: 7 years old; 2nd grade
-Ellie Everett: 4 years old; pre-k

Layla and Anthony's kids:
-Olivia Rose Jameson: 6 years old; 1st grade
-Amelia Iris Jameson: 3 years old; Day-care

Jaxson and Kenzie's kids:
-Peyton Rae Severide: 6 years old; 1st grade
-Daniella Severide; 2 years old; Day-care
-Griffin Ryder Severide: 2 years old; day-care

Oakley moved to Canada.
Madison moved away with Oakley.
Mason has a girlfriend named Cora.
They moved to Pennsylvania.

Brielle is not working in the firehouse this pregnancy. She only works on Arson cases sometimes.

~Brielle's POV~
-Spring Break-
-Mid April-
Alyssa doesn't have shift today, and the kids don't have school. But I'm helping out OFI with a case, they dropped off the files yesterday, so I was awake at 9am, reviewing them as everyone was still asleep.

I had everything spread out all over the kitchen counter as I was looking at everything.
Then I heard some footsteps.

"Hey Ma, what are you doing?" I saw Skylar walk in.
"Hey baby, just trying to get caught up on an arson case that OFI wanted me to help them out on." I explained to her.

"How long have you been working on these cases for?" She asked me.
"Well... I've been helping out since I was...16 I think. But I didn't actually start working there until I was 18, but then I took a break and didn't go back until I was 20." I said.
"Cool. Well... I'm gonna go lay back down for a bit." She said and went back upstairs.

I stayed downstairs, reviewing everything and making notes for myself on my computer.
"Hey my love, what are you doing down here?" Alyssa came downstairs and hugged me from behind.

"Reviewing an arson case. Seager sent these files here last night before we went to bed, so I put them up in the home office, but I needed a big space to look at everything, so I brought everything down here." I explained.

"How long have you been awake for?" She asked me.
"Since... 8am I think... I don't know, couldn't really sleep." I laughed.
"How is it that you can never sleep, yet you're always tired?" She laughed.
"That's a really good question." I laughed.

"How's my little Scarley doing?" She smiled, putting her hand on my stomach.
"Good. It's insane how in like 5 months or less we'll have 4 kids." I smiled and gave her a kiss.

"Yea and it's even more crazy how this will be our last baby.." she smiled.
"Yea, we'll finally have that big family." I chuckled.
Alyssa and I want a big family, that's how we grew up.

We heard some footsteps.
"Hey you two." We saw Sky and Cam come into the kitchen.
"Hey." They said.
"Ma, what are you working on?" Cameron asked me.
"Just reviewing an arson case." I said.

"What was the first ever arson case your worked on?" He asked me.
"I always helped out my dad when I was like 16/17 years old. But I didn't actually go to work in the actually scenes or office till I was 18." I explained.
"What was that one like? The first ever arson case you actually went to?" He asked me.

I looked at Alyssa and then back at the twins, they were eager to know.
"I just... hope you two never experience something like that ok?" I told them.

They looked at each other then at me, confused.
"What do you mean?" Skylar asked me.
"Drop the subject you two." Alyssa told them.
And they dropped it.