Chapter 27

~Brielle's POV~
"Alyssa Blaze Casey.. will you marry me?" I finally said.
Alyssa and I both had tears falling.
"Yes yes!" She said. I shot up and hugged her and kissed her.
"I love you baby." I smiled.
"I love you too." She smiled back.

"Woohoo! Let's go!" Our siblings laughed. They didn't know that I was going to propose. Only Aunt Gabby, Uncle Matt, and my parents knew.

Then our parents came up and hugged us.
"Congrats you guys." They told us.
"Now time to start planning a wedding." My dad chuckled.

We got back to the cabin and stayed outside for a bit, by the fire ring.
"How long have you been planning this?" Alyssa asked me.
"1 month. And our parents helped." I said.

"You guys helped her?" Alyssa asked our parents.
"Yea of course. We helped her pick out the ring, figure out your size. And we planned this vacation 2 weeks ago." Aunt Gabby said.
"Where would you guys want the wedding?" Uncle Matt asked us.

Alyssa and I looked at each other.
"No idea." Alyssa laughed.
"We'll have to figure that out." I laughed.
"Does this we'll be in laws now?" Layla asked, pointing to all our siblings.
"Yea. It does." Alyssa said.
"Yes!" Jaxson said. We all laughed.

We all went back inside and figured out where we would all sleep.
"Ok, who is sleeping where?" My dad asked.
"I think Alyssa and Brielle should sleep out here in the sofa bed, and all the kids are in that room." Aunt Gabby said.

We all agreed and got situated.
It was now midnight and everyone was in bed.
Alyssa and I were still outside by the fire ring. We were in pajamas and hoodies.

"I love you.." I whispered to Alyssa who was dozing on in my arms.
"I love you too.." she whispered and smiled up at me.
"Come on.. let's go to bed now." I said. I put out the fire and we went to bed.

-one week later-
We got back from our trip yesterday. And today was our first shift back.
We didn't want to tell the rest of the firehouse about Alyssa and I's engagement yet.
So Alyssa kept her ring in her locker.
The CFD doesn't even know about Alyssa and I even being together because we don't want to get in trouble. When I first became a candidate, I had a Chief tell me that. No dating allowed in a firehouse.

Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambo 61 person in distress 27 park Ave.
We went to the call. There was a car that hit the railing of a bridge. The driver was unconscious and then I noticed one of the windows were completely shattered and broken.
"Hey.. if the car was hit from the front.. why would that window be broken..?" I asked Ritter.
"It probably just broke during impact." He said.

Then I looked at the water. It was a person stuck in the river. It was a young boy, looked about 13. He was trying to swim to one of the sides to a ladder, but the current was strong.

"Lieutenant." I said.
But everyone was too busy worrying about the driver, he was pinned in and in really bad shape.
"Lieutenant look ther-" I started to say, but my mom cut me off.
"Squad still isn't here. Otis get me anything we have to open these doors!" She said.
"Ritter go and get a tool also to open these doors!" Herrmann yelled.

The kept an eye on the boy, trying to get someone's attention about him. I'm always advised to stay on my mom's hip. But I couldn't stand around anymore.
"Alyssa. There's someone in the river." I said.
"Oh my god, let me get Violet." she said.

"Lieutenant!" I yelled out again to my mom.
"Yea?" She asked, coming over.
"There's someone in the water!" I said.
"Squad what's your ETA?" My mom asked into her radio.