Chapter 23

~Brielle's POV~
-2 months Later-
-June-
Alyssa's and I relationship had progressed a ton. We've grown closer than we ever had before. We told our parents about 1 month ago that we're gay. But we didn't tell them that we're together. Literally no one knows.

We want to work in the same firehouse. And since we will be new, we don't want to break the rule about "no dating in a firehouse". We haven't heard anything about getting placed in a firehouse. Our parents are trying to see if we can get placed in a firehouse together, but no firehouse has a truck AND medic position available.

I woke up and went downstairs and Alyssa was on the couch.
"Morning Sleepyhead." She smiled when she saw me.
I smiled, hugged her from behind, and gave her a kiss.
"Good morning." I said, and gave her a kiss.
I laid down on the couch and leaned my head on her.
"Still haven't heard anything from the academy right?" I asked.
"Nothing... maybe we should consider working in separate houses.. we aren't having any luck waiting around for a firehouse to have both a truck and ambo spot available." She suggested.
"Yea.. maybe. If we don't hear anything by the end of the week... we should consider that." I said.

"I'm starving. And we don't really have any food in this house." Alyssa said.
"Let's get breakfast somewhere and go food shopping. We have to run some errands today anyway." I said.
"Ok." Alyssa said.

We got ready and headed out.
I got dressed in jean shorts and a cropped tank top.
Alyssa was in a little flowy summer dress.
"Damn girl, how did I get so lucky?" Alyssa laughed when I came down the stairs.
"Keep making comments like that maybe you'll get a little more lucky. And you look gorgeous baby." I laughed and gave her a kiss.

We went to Starbucks first.
"Alright what do you want?" I asked Alyssa.
"That mango peach thing you got last week and that breakfast sandwich I got last time." She said.
I ordered and we drove to target.

We went inside and did the food shopping.
When we were done, we just walked around the store.
"This is adorable." I said, as we passed by the baby section, looking at a cute little baby summer dress.

"If we were to have kids? How would we do it? Adopt? IVF?" Alyssa asked.
"I really want to be a mom one day. And I think IVF would work, but it's expensive." I said.
"Who would be the one to get pregnant?" Alyssa asked.
"Babe we're 18. I think you should slow your roll." I laughed.

"Yea you're right. But you would be the best mom." She smiled at me.
"I can't wait to become one. We were basically like second moms to all our siblings growing up." I laughed.

We got home and put all the groceries away.
It was now 4pm and we were watching some TV together. We were watching Outerbanks.

"I feel like John B and Sarah could be related. Maybe it's the lips. And the face that they're both blonde with blue eyes. But John B looked like he could be Sarah's brother." I laughed.
"Dude shut up! They're literally dating!" Alyssa laughed.
"Yea but like... am I wrong?" I laughed.

"I mean... I guess I kinda see what you're saying." She told me.
"Yea see." I laughed.
We kept watching TV until 7:45pm.
Then I got a call from my mom.

Brielle: hey mom, what's up?
Stella: hey are you and Alyssa dressed?
Brielle: what do you mean?
Stella: like are you dressed to go out?
Brielle: I'm wearing Jean shorts, a cropped tank top and some jewelry. My hair is curly right now. Alyssa's wearing a flowy summer dress.

Stella: ok, you think you guys can come to Molly's? Herrmann and Otis both called out working tonight. And since it's a Saturday, we know it's gonna be busy.
Brielle: what kind of shift?
Stella: opening and closing.
Brielle: uh yea sure. No problem.