Chapter 55

-October-
Skylar and Cameron are both 1 year and 8 months old now. Brielle is back working and both babies go to a daycare, after daycare, Addilynn and Layla pick them up and they spend the night at their apartment.

Addilynn and Layla have graduated college and have their own apartment together in Chicago. Addilynn is a Biology/ Anatomy high school teacher. And Layla is a finance Analyst and works from home.

So when Addilynn is done with work, she picks up the twins from daycare and they spend the night at their apartment when Brielle and Alyssa are on shift.

~Brielle's POV~
"Skylar, can you please come over here to eat breakfast?" I called out to Skylar, she was in the living room, watching something on the TV.
She came over and I picked her up and put her in the high chair, I served her some eggs and fruit to eat for breakfast.

Alyssa came out with Cameron after she got him ready.
Both babies ate and we finished getting them ready. We got ourselves ready and dropped them off at daycare.

"No." Skylar said when we dropped her off. We were already running late for shift.
"Please Sky? Addie will come by later and pick you both up." I said.

"No mama." She gripped onto me and wouldn't let go, when I tried to put her down she started to cry.
"Honey please Mama and I have to get to work." Alyssa said.

"Addie and Layla can bring you both by later ok?" I said.
Their teacher had to come to take her. She kept crying.
Once we left we drove to the firehouse.
"You two are late." Uncle Matt said when we walked in the firehouse. We arrived almost 15 minutes late.

"Yea we had some issues dropping off Sky and Cam." I said.
"What happened?" My mom asked.
"Sky didn't want to go to daycare. She kept saying 'no mama.' The teacher eventually came and got her." I said.
"Addilynn and Layla are the ones who watch them after daycare while you're on shift right?" My dad asked.
"Yea." I said.

Oakley is the only Severide kid still in high school, but after Jaxson, Greyson, and Oliver got back from College, they stayed in Chicago in our parents' houses.

Ambo 61 Truck 81 Engine 51 Squad 3 45 Bridgetown Ave

We all ran to the vehicles and went to the scene. We got called to a construction site. Some construction workers were getting crushed by a bunch of planks of thick heavy wood. There were 2 guys and one girl.
"Ok 81, let's check out the girl." My mom ordered.
We went over.

"Hey ma'am my name's Brielle, what's yours?" I asked.
But before she could answer she passed out.
"Lieutenant she passed out!" I yelled.
"The weight is probably crushing her, let's get all this wood off!" My mom ordered.
I checked her pulse. It was there, but faint.

We got all the wood off her and got her on the ambo gurney.
We headed back to the firehouse.
"Hey Brielle, Vanmeeter's asking if we can work on a case with OFI, do you want to or no?" My dad asked me.
"Um... yea sure, I just have to-" I started to say, then I got a phone call from Sky and Cam's daycare.
"Just let me take this." I said, going to the briefing room.

I answered the phone:
Brielle: hello?
Teacher: hello am I speaking with Brielle Severide?
Brielle: speaking. Is there a problem?

Teacher: um... so Skylar has just been very fussy all morning. We've tried everything to calm her down, but she just won't stop crying. She just keeps saying "mama come".

Brielle: she is? I- um... I don't know if I can get off of shift right now... can my sister in law go and pick her up? And can she just pick Cam up too?

Teacher: what is your sister in laws name?
Brielle: Layla Casey. Is Skylar sick? She usually only get fussy if she's sick.

Teacher: no we had the nurse check her. She's totally fine. She probably just misses you. Will she be ok with your sister in law since it's you she wants?
Brielle: yea she loves her aunt. Ok I'll call her right now and she should pick them up in maybe a half hour.