Chapter 56

-May-
The twins are now 2 years old.

~Brielle's POV~
Today was a chill day for the Casey-Severide household. We don't have plans for today or anything to do today, just gonna hang out.

"Morning my love." Alyssa kissed me awake.
I slowly woke up and smiled at her.
"Morning baby." I rubbed my eyes and smiled at her.

"Do you want to do anything today?" She asked me.
"I don't know.... Maybe just use this day as a chill day. Just relax." I said.
"Yea ok, that sounds nice." She smiled.

"Mama? Mommy?" We heard Skylar and Cameron come into our room. They've both figured out how to climb out of their cribs.
"You guys have to stop climbing out of your cribs." Alyssa laughed as she got them on the bed.

They both cuddled with us on the bed.
"What's that?" Skylar asked. My closet was open but I couldn't tell what she was pointing at.

"What do you mean Sky?" I asked.
She got off the bed and went to my closet. She grabbed a little stool from the other side of the room and took this blanket off of a shelf and almost fell, luckily I caught her.

"Woah, careful Sky." I laughed. She got a little spooked and started to cry.
"No it's ok baby, you just have to be careful." I said, rubbing her back.

She calmed down after a minute and we went back to the bed, I still hadn't noticed what blanket she got from the closet. Then she showed me.

"What's that?" She asked me, giving it to me.
"It's a blanket." I told her. I opened it up and saw what blanket she chose. It was the blanket that we surprised our parents with when we got pregnant the first time.
I looked at Alyssa, she put her head on mine and kissed it.

"Why Mama crying?" Skylar asked, I was just tearing up a little.
"No it's ok, Mama's fine." I wiped my tears and smiled, I grabbed Skylar and kissed her, and I did the same with Cameron.

"I'm hungry." Cameron said.
"Let's go make some breakfast, come on you two, let's give mama a minute or two alone." Alyssa said and got both babies off the bed.

"Babe it's fi-" I said, but then she cut me off.
"No it's ok. Just take a little breather and relax. I know.. that time was hard for both of us.. but I know it hurt you especially.." She whispered and gave me a kiss.
She wiped my tears and I nodded.

I folded the blanket and put it away. I sat down and on the bed and just thought of how different and how far Alyssa and I have come since then. We have 2 kids now, we're so happy, we're just loving life right now. But we should have 3 kids instead of 2.

I came downstairs after about 2 minutes. I saw Skylar and Cameron playing with their toys and Alyssa looking around in the kitchen.

"Hey you ok?" She asked me, I could see her eyes were a little red. She was crying too. I nodded and hugged her.
"I know it sucks... but look we now have 2 beautiful kids." I whispered.
She nodded and smiled, looking at them playing.

"What are you thinking about making?" I asked her.
"I don't know... I asked them and all they said was McDonald's. But we had that yesterday for dinner." She said.
"What about some hash brown bowls?" I said.
"Yea, let's do that." She said.

We made the hash brown bowls and once we were almost done we heard the twins fighting.
"Mine!" I heard Skylar yell.
"Guys no fighting." I raised my voice.
But they still fought.

Then we heard a noise and some crying.
Alyssa and I both turned and went over to them.
"What happened?" Alyssa asked.

Skylar was crying and had a red mark on her face.
"Cam hit me!" She cried, pointing to a toy. I guess he threw a toy at her.
"Cam did you throw the toy at her?" I asked him.