Awe and Appreciation

Artemis' POV

   I stand in the living room, speechlessly watching as people steadily come into the room, unabashed appreciation soaring through me towards Alex who stands in the midst of it all, along with James, their expressions those of leaders.

   Their backs stand straight and they stand tall as they greet people and bring them in.

    Even back in high school, I was always jealous at the easy manner they were able to conduct themselves and their positions. My boys have always been my role models, through and through.

   I stand behind the couch, Brianna sitting in the space in front of me, my hand playing lightly in her gorgeous hair.

   I do my best to focus on the slow fire that spreads through me at the feeling of being able to touch her so casually, my core tightening as my pussy tingles in want.

   Just as my mind is about to start down a very interesting path, I hear the door shut towards the front signaling everyone has made it. I find myself clearing my throat and pressing my legs together to ease the constant ache pulsing between them. Alex and James walk towards the middle of the living room, the others filling in around the couches or standing in the hallway. Ares also comes to stand with the Alpha and Beta and my brows raise curiously, wondering what part he has a play.

   It's Alex, however, who speaks first. "As most of you know, I have a little sister. And she has finally decided to come grace her family with her presence." He starts, smiling playfully and he gestures to my Knot who rolls her eyes at her brother. "And while here, she finally met her Knot. That would be the lovely Faerie standing behind her, Crown Princess Artemis of the Faerie Kingdom."

   "Nice catch!" Says a boy with dark hair, his features beautifully made, making me think he's Angel. The room cheers and says their congratulations before Alex continues.

    "We called you all here for an emergency because Artemis' kingdom is under attack by Shadow Walkers. Daemons. There's no one she can trust in her court, but she's going to need some help to get the bottom of this getting her kingdom back." He declares the room rising taller with the promise of a fight. Alex gestures towards me, but I don't move, just lower my hands to Bri's shoulders as an effort to ground myself, her soft hand coming to rest over my left one in encouragement.

    "What Alex says is true. My castle and my kingdom are in danger. Someone there is using some sort of weapon to control the will of the Shadow Walkers and have taken control of members of the Royal Guard, Court and possibly even the Royal Family. I don't know who can be trusted anymore. I need to ask questions and get some answers, and once I do, I'm going to need your help in getting my kingdom back from whoever is trying to take it from me." My voice reaches the corners of the room as I speak out, looking around, meeting eyes as I humbly ask for their help, knowing they have no reason to besides the sweet child that rests beneath my hands.

     "You guys in?" Alex asks, and the room erupts in agreements and cheers, no hesitation at all shocking me until my mouth falls open.

   "Now, let's have you meet the calvary." James says with a wide grin, and I'm still too shocked to say anything, just watch as they go around the room, showing off who they brought to the fight.

James himself is up first, and he walks towards a small group of warriors in the back, all of them having the tall proud stance of warriors. "These are wolves from our sister pack: The Winter Moon pack. This is Alpha Lucas and his Beta, Cole. They've agreed to lend out their warriors along side mine to come help you fight." He tells me, pointing to the two largest men in the pack, their smiles easy and friendly making my shoulders drop just a little.

   He moves on to the group of people beside the Winter Moon packs and tells me that they are his warriors Alex as their leader, and they promise me that they will help me save my kingdom. I breath easy knowing that my two longest and reheated friends will be there with me. I know they would never let anything happen to Bri.

     The next one is steps up is Ares who turns to smirk at me, his devilish good looks only irritating me more and more every time I see him, especially when I hear Bri sigh in content at the smile he sends her. His dark chuckle mocks me before he speaks up.

   "As you know, I'm Ares, or more affectionately known as the King of the Hunt. I'm bringing all my bats and fucking up every Daemon I see. I have a grudge." He explains with a nonchalant shrug, but I see the anger that shares that his words ring true. "Kitten isn't allowed to fight." He continues and I see his Vampire go to protest, but with a quick warning stare, he shuts his mouth though I can tell he's pissed. "I brought with me the same people who helped save something very dear to me. Zayvion, Mace, Bones, Q, and Satan. All Enchanted. All willing to help." He finishes and the group behind him nods, though for a second, I'm stricken by how beautiful one of them seems to be, his skin glowing and smooth, and his hair silky and dark.

Must be half Angel.

"Goddess, he's gorgeous." Briana whispers and I can't help but bristle in jealousy, wishing she had such thoughts and feelings about me, never quite knowing what's going on in her head.

I pull myself away from my sulking thoughts and turn to Alex who gives me a grin supportive smile. "And these are a few friends who just wanted to help. Cassian, Chris, Chan, and Graves. Apparently Cora isn't allowed to fight either." He realizes with a chuckle that the rest of their family shares though I hear a groan come from around the couch and spot a beautiful white haired girl with her arms crossed.

"That's because he's worried I'll upstage his ass." She grumbled, tucking what looks like a teddy bear closer to her side with an eye roll. Their friends laugh again, but with a glare from the man that I can only assume is her Mate, she apologizes sheepishly.

"I know it's not a Faerie Army, but we want to help you take back your kingdom in any way we can. We're family here. And we don't turn our back on family." James tells me after they're all introduced and I find my eyes welling up, knowing that I've never gotten this kind of support from those I was born to. I hear Bri sniffle, and I squeeze her shoulder softly to remind her that I'm hear as I go to clear my throat.

"Thank you all for coming here and being willing to put yourself in harms way just so that I can get my kingdom back. If you all could get to know each other that would be great because you won't necessarily be able to work with your familiars. I will be going back to my castle tonight to gather more information. In a weeks time we will attack the palace and take back what's mine. I'm counting on you. Not just to save my kingdom, but to protect my Knot." I plead with them, hoping that I can trust them to do something that could change the history of Faeriekind. But before I can lose myself in a state of despair, Ares walks towards me, stoping a foot from in front of Briana.

"If there's one thing I can promise you, it's that you two will never ever experience what it feels like to lose everything. I swear it." He tells me, staring me straight into the eyes. And I know, he means it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys I'm so sad. my bestie is MIA bc of family stuff and I miss her so bad she's the best. What did you guys think of the calvary. Did you remember everyone they introduced?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Tell me about your bestie.