Anchors and Decision

Briana's POV

   When I wake up the next morning, the sun is still being cradled by the horizon, red yellows and oranges reaching out to touch the lingering blue and violent left behind by the moon.

    When I get up, I find myself standing at the window, Chelsea asleep on the bed as I look over at the beautiful Faerie land that I've just seen for the first time after so many years. It's almost strange to think that I'll be welcomed back whenever I come to town so used to it being some forbidden place in my mind.

    I have yet to visit the room and hall where my parents and I lived while we were here.

    Chelsea didn't ask if I wanted to go and I didn't ask for her to take me. I sigh to myself as I turn around and look at the suitcase thats sitting on the floor, almost completely packed, never having taken anything out of it in the first place.

     Unpacking means staying. Staying means that there's some level of permanence.

     Anything in that range is dangerous to someone like me. Things don't last in my grasp.

     There is no what if I hurt Artemis or even when, because I already know I am by walking away when I just stepped through the door of her life.

     It's selfish of me to be so ready to run away, I know. It's rude of me to want to hide away from her after Chelsea told my what's she's been through. It's selfish of me to put my own fears above her when we're supposed to be working towards becoming a team now.

      But I've always been a selfish creature.

      I am a Faerie after all.

      I turn away form the window completely and walk towards my suitcase, bending down to pull out a pair of sneakers and a jacket, already having on a t-shirt and leggings. I don't bother with a bra, knowing that I'll probably end up on a plane for the next few hours.

      Where I'll go, I have no idea. I usually don't until I'm standing in front of the receptionist and look at the classes flight time there is.

      No planes, no anchors, no nothing to direct me but a few suitcases and my books bag.

      And this town will be no different.

      I try to keep quiet as I move through the room, grabbing my brush, my earring and a few other random items that I might forget. I turn around to throw my head scarf in my bag when I spot Chelsea sitting up in her bed, rubbing her eyes with a yawn as she looks at me.

     "You're up early." She says and I smile to myself sadly and nod my head as I continue to throw everything that I can remember in my bag.

     "I like getting an early start." I tell her and she hums.

      "What did you have planned for today?" She asks me and I pause for only a moments before I place my socks inside my suitcase beside my underwear softly in hesitance.

       "I'm leaving today, remember?" I ask her, referring to the deal we made with each other when we first discussed me coming to the castle to visit. There's a rustling sound as Chelsea swings her legs over the side of the bed though she doesn't make any move to get off and come closer to me, which I appreciate.

    "Oh. Okay. I wasn't sure if you were sticking to that plan."

     "Yeah. Well, I am." I answer lamely, gnawing in my lip and I hate the fact that I suddenly care about how it looks that I'm still walking away. Maybe someone would tell me that I'm scared and II'm acting like a little bitch for running away with a tail tucked between my legs.