Permission and Announcements

Marcus and Marco

Artemis' POV

Now that Briana has decided to stay, I can feel everything finally coming together. I will have my Knot by my side, as stubborn and difficult as she may be. I will become Princess and I will begin to help those that are under my power to do so, get the rights and things that they need.

I know it will take time, but just like Chelsea told me when I first returned, I know that my people need me, not my Mother, not my Aunt and not my cousin.

And though I would rather pluck my toenails one by one before I waltz around in airy dresses and have to attended stifling meetings for the rest of my life, I will do it if I have to.

I'm sitting on the floor of my rooms, a smile gracing my face as I wait for a few trusted people to come and get what I ordered done, though one person in particular is who I'm waiting for.

After a few more moments of going over what is written, I look back over it before straightening my papers and placing them on my bed.

Just as I go to stand up, there's a knock on the door, and I get up to answer it, walking towards the door with my skirts moving softly around me. When I open it, I see Briana standing before me with a nervous smile before she turns to look at me, her brown eyes widening in awe making my dark cheeks blush wildly though I turn away to hide it.

"Whoa. You look.... whoa." She tells me and I snort at the compliment, uncomfortable in it as always, but knowing it's needed for things to go smoothly.

"Thank you." I tell her as she comes in and she smiles at me as she enters, her jeans and t-shirt looking amazing on her as always, and much more comfortable than my clothing.

"Your... maid said you wanted to talk to me?" She asks nervously, rubbing her hands on her legs and I nod before going for it, knowing that there is no time for me to try and ease into this.

"Yes. My mother and aunt have been holding the Crown from me until I found my knot. And here you are. If it's okay with you I wanted to introduce you to the two of them as well as the council today as my Knot. I know it's a lot and it's early but I have a plan." I tell her and she doesn't say anything, going to sit down on the couch softly, her gaze on me.

"What's your plan?" She asks and I can't tell what she's thinking so I take a breath before I explain to her what I've been thinking this morning.

"This is the last thing they can hold over my head. I'm having my advisor call the meeting for all the Head Talents, my mother, aunt and cousin as well as my brother. My most trusted Guards are being rounded up by Anna, my maid and they will walk us there, if you want to go. And there I will tell them that I have found my Knot and that I will be awaiting the Crowning ceremony soon. After that I will assign some of my guards to you and if you want, you can start training with them so you can feel safer by yourself and not have to worry about them following you everywhere you go because it can get annoying."

I pace in front of her, my curls in my hair bouncing as well as my chest as I walk and think as I tell Briana out loud my plan. I stop my rambling before I turn towards her and smile weakly.

"You've been thrusted into a crazy world. I'm sorry. You don't have to be there if it's too much for you." I tell her and she shakes her head before smirking at me, the first true reaction I've gotten since she's packed in.

"Would it be better if I was there?" She asks me and I nod before she smiles. "Then I'm there.... Can I get a dress too, I'm a bit underdressed." She tells me and I laugh before I nod my head.

Maybe things will go exactly the way I need them to.

✨✨✨

My trusted guards as well as Percy, a half sleep Jasper, and Chelsea are all standing in my sitting room as Anna gets Briana ready in my bedroom and closet.

Everyone is facing me expectedly as I tell them the first true Castle secrets that I've held since being home.

"I have an important announcement to make and every person in this room is trusted enough to be here as well as along side me as I share this news with my family and babysitters in the council room," I start earning a few snickers through the room before I turn serious. "I have found my Knot." I announce and of course the guards that were with me that day aren't shocked though they hold a curiousness in their gaze.

"Knot? Princess, why didn't you tell me?" Percy asks and I can tell that he's a little hurt that he's only finding out now before I look over towards my brother who's looking at me with the same expression.

I look away guiltily before I answer. "She wasn't sure she was going to be ready to settle in one place and have to deal with all that comes with being here, but she's here to stay." I tell him and Jasper cackles from his lazy seat on the couch.

"It's a girl. Everything about you makes so much sense now." He jabs and I notice a few of the other people around the room nod making me grumble and place a manicured hand on my hip.

"I'm still Princess and trained better than half of you bastards listen up damn it." I tell them giving up on the airy approach and they listen. "We are going to tell the Court that I have found my Knot and that I expect the Crowning ceremony to be held as soon as possible. Though this group is small, this is my team as of now for my administration and we will add to it as we see fit. I'm about to become Crown Princess and that means that I can't tolerate loose ends. I love you all but of you put me or my Knot in danger, I will have you killed or locked away." I warn and there'd serious nods all around of acceptance.

"Good." I nod in return. "After today, my Knot, Briana, is going to need all the protection that she can have until you guys train her like you did me. So I'm going to be splitting the Gaurd up and you guys can get two other trusted friends and Guards to help with each of us. Levi and Carl, you are assigned to Bri, Twins you're with me. I want those other four names in three days please."

I look around the room and I see respect and awe in all of their eyes making me puff out my chest a little bit in pride at myself for being this diligent and thought out. A first for me but one that I wouldn't mind continuing.

"I need you guys to have my back." I tell them honestly and Jasper smacks his teeth, looking at me with pride in his eyes even if his face is the picture of boredom.

"Thats never a problem. Let's get on with this shit. I'm going into town to celebrate." He says with a smile that makes me gag and everyone laughs.

"Alright then. Now we wait on Briana. The rest is up to me." I say and they all turn to talk to each other excitedly as I sigh to myself and try to stop my hands form sweating. Because as confident as I sound, this determines a lot in my life and if I fuck this up.... let's just say I really really hope I don't fuck this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay I know i keep saying this but i am so fucking happy with this book so far it's going to turn out so fuxking good. and omg this sleepy tonight is too i'm so tired.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like chicken?