Questioning and Listening

Briana's POV

     After Artemis leaves, I wait for a few minutes before I walk out into the sitting room to find Jasper lounging on the couch, no one else around but the Faerie Prince.

     I walk up to him and almost jump out of my skin when he says something to me.

    "You're helping her in a way I can't." He says, his voice not the usual cocky one that I hear about so often, but rather muted and sad.

     "You could help her plenty of you tried." I tell him and he shakes his head.

     "Maybe politically. That's why I stick around. I can help her with the talking to people. I can help her with all of that. But she doesn't need me. Not like she thinks she does. I'm not needed here." He says and I walk towards the windows, knowing I don't want to see the look he has on his face.

     "Broken people are only broken before they're scared to get the help they need to get fixed again. Because getting fixed doesn't mean you'll never get broke again. It's always the goofy friend that hurts the most." I say to the glass in front of me, the window fogging up with my breath as I speak.

      "Remaining broke is better than the false hope of getting fixed. But the problem with that is, broken edges always ends of cutting someone else." He say and I turn around and tilt my head at him.

       "Who is is, that we should be scared of? Who is it that's actually behind the look in everyone's eyes?" I ask him.

       "Why would you stick around when you know one of you will get broke again, and one of you have to stay no matter what and one can't run away?" He counters, leaning down to lace his elbows on his knees, dark hair falling into his face as he turn to look at me.

       "Should I be worried for that man outside?"
I ask him, and we both know who I'm talking about.

      "Do you know how dangerous this is? Do you get that this isn't a game?"

       "Are you sacred that having power will turn you into the person who hurt you?" And this time when I ask my question, there's silence. Cold eyes stare at me, before they leave my skin and press down into the floor, his gaze heavy enough to make my need to catch my breath.

      "I'm scared what I would let myself do to anyone with enough power in my hands. No one is as pure as you imagine it to be. And I'm no better, just better at being honest about it. But Artemis is a pure soul. Not sure how she came from this family. And that's what makes her so dangerous to the people that are in true power, not the person you think is calling shots. Art is too pure for someone to control and push her in harming others for her own gain and they dont like that. And so there's three options."

     He pauses and he gets up, his golden eyes searing into mine and goes to leave but I stop him. "What are the options?"

      "To break her down until she doesn't want to fight back anymore, get her out of the way so they can put a puppet in her place, or make her a puppet in a way that Art won't be able
to fight back." He says before he's moving towards the door and he's gone.

     My head feels heavy form the information I was giving, but I can't be sure I heard all
of it correctly. Or even if I know what it means.

     But I think I know who the enemy is: her mother, always forcing Artemis the do the most dumbest things all because of wanting to remain in power with her sister. And if Art doesn't get into that position of power soon, something bad is going to happen, one of two options and the third one sounds the scariest of all.

     I take a breath as I walk back towards the window and look out of it, hoping to find some calming relief in looking over nature, but instead I see Artemis and q man walking down the front steps of the castle and walking down to a lake on the rights side of the castle.

    Remembering the gift she gave me with a quick breath, I pull my hand up to my ear and I feel the mark glow a little hot before I finally
begin to hear what's going on.

    "You're very beautiful. I was surprised that they picked me to be your lover. I'm nothing but a humble man from the eats side of the lands." He says and Artemis hums.

     "You're very well off and I've heard you're quite the water master. Those are very impressive feats, and you don't have your own Knot yet." She counters, as if telling me why they picked him. Watching him, and sharpening my vision, the man isn't that good looking, only this dark curls showing some sense of appealing.

     And while it may be superficial, Artemis is going to have to procreate with anyone than the person should at least be eye candy, especially since she has to have him on her arm everywhere.

     "Well, uh yes, thank you Princess." He says nervously. The walk up to the pond, Art's dress flowing softly in the wind, her unique beauty drawing me in.

      "Would you be so kind as to show me?" She asks and I burst out laughing to myself when I see the man stumble a step, his mind goes in the gutter when she asked the question.

      "Uh, you want me to uh- show you?" He asks my Knot and I can almost taste the disgust radiating off of her once she realizes what the disgusting man is thinking.

     "Yes, your water abilities. It's very rare to find someome that is good with that element because all anyone cares about is Fire and Earth. It's soothing to hear about someone taking such a beautiful Talent so seriously." She praises highly and the man puffs out his chest comically.

     "Of course I can show you." He says and I watch as he gets his stance ready and with raised brows I see water flowing through the air, nothing majestic about it but merely moving water form one place to another.

      "Well, I was hoping for more of a water show, but thank you." Artemis says and the man scoffs.

     "Water show? Water is the hardest element to learn. I wouldn't expect you to understand your Highness." Fucking idiot. I smile to myself as Artemis walks towards the water and her stance is beautiful as she flows with the waves in the water she created and she makes water look like Art as she raises it above the lake, spiking it so that the light reflects off of it.

    She freezes some of the pieces that serves as small disco balls and they spin in the air and Art slowly lets the water melt and fall back into the water slowly before she smooths out her dress and turns to a open mouthed man.

     "It's been a few months since I've practiced, but I think I know more than you do." She says cheekily before she holds out her arm to the shocked man. "But come on. We have a walk to finish." She says and he takes her arm as she leads them back towards the front of the castle and right as she passes beneath the window she looks up and catches my gaze giving me a cocky wink before they continue on their way.

    I pull my hand down from my ear and chuckle to myself.

    No matter what, Art is always going to be Art, and that man isn't making it anywhere new at the finalist.

~~~~~~~~~~
Lmaooo I'm so ready for Art to put all of these men in their place. What do you think about Jaspers words? I'm going to be able to post his book soon!

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like debating?