Brother and Court

Artemis' POV

I'm sitting on the floor, papers strewn around me as I try to get myself caught up in the Kaulike Royal Family politics that I've missed over the last two years.

As much as it hasn't been anything major when it comes to effecting the people, I'm no fool to say that things are the same as when I left, especially within the castle. I've only been back for a day and a half and while I haven't talked to that many people since I've been back, the aura of this place feels darker and sinister.

There's something going on here, just like Chelsea said, but I think it might go deeper than either of us originally thought. And that's bad.

My mother plus aunt and Suzi is bad enough without the added stress of a evil presence lurking through the halls.

I give up on the papers around me and decide to go find my brother, knowing that though his arse is lazy and dull, he is keen on finding out information faster than I've ever been able to.

It's either because those around us know that he's not interested in the least bit or politics, or he takes pillow talk to a whole new level. Secrets have a way of finding my dear brother and I can't tell if people are alarmingly smart or annoying dumb to entrust him with any sort of secret, something I have never done myself.

Though it's not because I don't trust him.

In reality, the sad part is, I know he doesn't really care about what goes on in the legal world and so in turn, he doesn't care about me.

Besides, Mother has always preferred my brother to me, even if he's a white that sleeps around with anything with two legs. Even if he wears what he wants to Court and tells the most important people we have to fuck off.

It's been this way since I was a child and you would think, after so long it wouldn't be nearly as a stinging and annoying as it was then. But it is, and it bites so much harder now that I can understand just how deep it goes. I noticed that no matter what I do or how I do it, Jasper will always do it better, even if he does nothing at all.

I sigh as I gather my skirts from around me, trying to get used to wearing the dreadful clothing now that I'm supposed to be embracing the role of the Crown Princess. I make sure my appearance is up to standards that my Mother has made sure I've followed to a T before I even think about leaving my rooms. I open up my door, walking out into the hall in flats, not ready to force myself into heels again.

After I close the door behind me and lock it with my magic, I head down the halls, nodding to a few of the staff at curtesy at me, though it's never stopped making me uncomfortable in all my twenty years of having it done.

I finally reach my brothers room and I think about incoming since I haven't been around i two years, but since he's my brother and I don't care, I walk into the room, easily pushing aside the lock.

When I open the door, I'm met with clothes everywhere, but luckily, no old food lying about making his room smell slightly better than the last time I came here to say goodbye. Graceful, his royal laziness is sleeping in the couch, not another body in sight.

I step over one of his hoodies, ignoring the annoyance within me at his allowance to wear what he wishes while I'm stuck with barbie dresses.

And like the loving sister I am, I grab a lose pillow and snatch it off the floor, hitting Jasper in the face with it with my award winning smile, majestic and suave as ever. He groans and tried to snatch the pillow from my hands but I don't let him, holding it higher than he can reach.