Knocks and Fun

Artemis' POV

It's one more day until the inevitable and all I've done today is sit up in my closet and stare at the wall.

I've gotten a few knocks on my door, though after a while they all walked away.

I haven't eaten today, and while my stomach started growling about two hours ago, I have no desireto go down stairs and look these people in their eyes that don't care about what their people in power are doing.

What they want me to do.

What they know I will do if only for a fighting stance in my city to make sure that people that come after me have as much freedom to do whatever the fuck makes them feel happy and safe as I can.

I sigh as I make a ball of fire in my hand, twisting it throughout my fingers, my stomach tightening at the feeling of having the pull the magic from my core.

Fire has always been the hardest Talent for me to learn besides Spiritual.

Fire is alll about feeling emotions and being able to let them free so that the fire in your soul can latch on to them and spring forth into the world. The problem with that is, my feeelings were ignored and invalidated all my life, and I don't know how to connect with them as I should. And I get blamed for it.

All I want to do, is curl up into my closet and sleep away the rest of the day where no one else can find me. Where no ine else can ask me to do something that they know I will because I can't do anything selfish for myself.

I sigh as I lay down, my back touching the floor as I close my eyes and imagine what my life would be like if Jasper had been born first and had been interested in the scandalous world of politics. He woild do simply amazing.

It should have always been him.

Just as sleep is beginning to pull me under, there's a knock on my outter door. I ignore it, but of course, thin gas aren't going tit be that easy. "Artemis, I know you can hear me. Let me in." I hear and I grumble to myself, cursing my supernatural hearing and get off of the floor.

I make my way towards the sitting room, and turn the knob and pull the door open to reveal Briana, her locks up into a ponytail as she looks at me sadly. I step aside for her to come in which she does, waiting for me to close the door and turn around to say something.

"You look like a golden rat. Go get ready, we have somewhere to be." She tells me and a frown.

"We do?" I ask her, trying to think if we had planned something for today but come up blank but she nods anyway.

"Yes we do, so let's go, chop chop." She rushed me and I frown as I go to do why she says, not wanting to ignore her when she looks like she'll make a tree grow out of my head if I do. I walk towards the bathroom as she sits on the couch and pulls out her phone.

I close the door behind me and turn on the shower as I look at myself in the mirror.

Okay, yeah. I do look a little crooked today. I sigh to myself as I shed my clothing and step under the hot shower, letting the water fall over my body as the steam rising in the room. I grab my soap and lather mr body softly as I hun to myself, feeling the bags under my eyes weighing me down.

Once I'm all done and clean, I turn off the shower and step out, drying my body with the warm towel before returning it and grabbing my robe hanging on the back of the door.

I step out of my bathroom, and find Bri in the same spot I left her in and to my disappointment she doesn't look up as I pass her and go towards my room. After ten minutes I'm moisturized, dressed and I've cleaned everything up as I exit the bathroom and shut the door.

"Ready?" Briana asks finally looking up at me and I shrug at the question, not too sure if I am.

"Sure. As ready as I'll ever be." I tell her and she laughs assume gets up and the two of us head towards my door after we're sure we have everything.

Opening the door, we reveal our guards standing on either side of the door, all four of them looking at me worriedly. I scoff as we go to walk past them, my hair still a little damp as it swings in the base of my back.

"I'm not fucking dying. I'm fine." I tell the four and they begin to fall back slowly but not before Marcus can make one joke to get them started.

"We wouldn't believe you were anyways. Much too stubborn." He jabs and I roll my eyes as they begin their quiet banter as we make our way through the castle, this time with Briana leading.

We get down to the ground level and I frown as I'm lead outside, our guards stopping outside the doors as Im lead to my limo. "Where are we going?" I ask Briana and she doesn't say anything as we get inside just smiles at me.

"Somewhere that you'll feel safe for a little bit." She answers vaguely and for the rest of the ride she has this secret smile on her face.

I look around as we drive through the city and begin to realize just how much things have changed since the two years I've been here. I don't recognize where we are at all, and we pull to a stop outside of a nice house in the Hybirid side of town. We pull over and I look around in confusion as Briana moves to get out.

"What are we doing here?" I ask her, not feeling comfortable at all but she just gives me that scary loon again before she begins pulling me towards the door. I notice a few other cars around the house, but none of them ring any bells. We walk up towards the door and Briana knocks on the door before she opens it before waiting for an answer.

"Come on." She tells me and I do, though hesitantly, scared of what's going on, not liking how we're walking into some random persons home.

We walk down a hallway and towards the right there's a living room and what I find makes me smile as tears immediately spring to my eyes. There's a welcome home banner hanging in a doorframe, and all of Briana's family standing under it with a smile.

"Welcome home!" They call out and I laugh as I turn away from them, tears threatening to come down my cheeks.

Alex walks towards me and I gasp when I see a beautiful baby girl in his hold, her black hair curling along the top of her brown eyes wide as she smiles and waved her arms, looking just like Alex. "I know we're a little late with the party, but better late than never, right?" He asks me and I nod, my lips wobbling as I smile.

"Oh yeah. Late is sooo much better." I agree and he laughs.

"And this sassy chunk is Madison." He introduces me and I hold my arms out for her to come to me which she does immediately, her small hands waving about in baby excitement. My eyes well up in tears as I look around the room as faces old and new, Briana coming up beside me to hold my free hand.

"They've agreed to be your new family. We can treat you better here. Welcome home." She whispers to me and I turn my head and close my eyes as I kiss the top of her forehead.

Because no one has ever done anything like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
So I have a lot going on in my life at the moment and I'm not sure if I will be able to get everything done that I want to. Let's hope I do.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Hulu or Netflix?