Sleeping and Dreams

Artemis' POV

After a few hours of me and Briana sitting and talking to each other, our words trapped between our little bubble of us that we created, she goes back to the room with Chelsea and I find myself stripping of my clothes and letting them fall to the floor. I take my hair down and let it fall in waves around my shoulders until my body is free of all restraints and I don't care to find a night gown before I lay down under my covers, letting the cool silk sheets cover my body sm softly.

As I lay there in the dark, I feel myself not being alone, a part of me getting paranoid over the feeling but after straining my ears all the way to the hallway, and being as still at the air for ten minutes, I finally make myself relax until my eyes start to feel heavy.

And the next thing I know, my eyes are closed and I've fallen asleep.

✨✨✨

I open my eyes and look around, my body feeling light and a little cold. I sniffle and realize that I can't smell anything around me.

Even the scent of my own and the air around me smells like... nothing.

I go to get up, and when I do, I look down and find myself looking at a translucent body. Freaking out, I stumble out of bed and find myself looking down at my sleeping body on my bed, my chest slowly falling and rising. I raise my hand to my face, heart pounding in my chest when I realize that my skin is see through and giving off a soothing blue glow that's making me freak out.

I must be dreaming.

This is fucking crazy.

I must be dead. Or dreaming.

"You're neither. You're spirit walking." I almost scream when I hear a voice beside me until I realize I recognize it and turn to my left to see Ciara, the Master Spirit Faerie standing beside my closet door.

"Master Ciara? What's going on?" I ask her, and my voice sounds like it's being spoken under water, but she seems to hear me.

"Princess, this is the only way that I can speak to you about matter at hand without one of us getting caught. This is urgent. Follow me." She doesn't answer my question without giving me more to ask, but I slowly move around the room, finding that I walk like normal, my body just feels overly light.

When I get to the closet where she is standing, she takes my hand, and before I can protest at the feeling, she pulls me with her, and I watch in awe as she takes me through my door, and I can feel the whisper of the wood flowing through my body.

I gasp as we appear on the other side, but Master Ciara doesn't stop, she continues to pull me until she gets to one of the shelves in my classy and stands in front of me that houses some jewelry and other token things. "Master, what's going on?" I ask her, but her words remain locked within her mouth as she glances at me and reaches out with her hand to pull on one of the snow globes sitting on my shelf and I watch as a level gets pulls beneath it. In shock and a bit of fear, I watch as the bookshelves slide to the right, revealing a dark hallway that turns to the left.

Ciara steps into the drafted corridor, and after a seconds hesitation, I follow her, and as soon as I do, the shelf returns to its place.

Luckily, I find that it's not all the way dark, the moss along the walls slightly iridescent, giving off a light blue and green glow. When I take the few steps to catch up to Ciara, her steps fast and confident, it's only then, in her soft voice that she begins to speak.