Introductions and Burns

Artemis' POV

     After the first man who did nothing to impress me with anything but his lies, I sent him away with a fake gag to the twins who tried their hardest not to break their character while working.

     With a roll of my eyes I make my way back towards the Throne room where my aunt and mother still reside.

      The hallways are bustling with people and I can see them looking at me, whispering to themselves and I try not to let it bother me even though I hate the fact rhat they all know. They must know and yet they are all sworn to secretly just by living in this castle. They know that their Princess is being whored out for the possibility of an heir.

      The last of the smile that was against my lips fades away and I try not to let any thoughts fill my head as I continue my walk towards the throne room.

     When I arrive, Marco and Marcus stand outside along the wall with many other guards as I sigh and walk through the doors as they get opened for me before me. I walk inside, making sure my dress is as straight and perfect as it was when I left my room, only to look up and around and not see my mother anywhere.

      Even though she's not my favorite person in the world right now, I expected her to be here and at least have a say in the man that would be my husband for the next two years.

      Aunt Lucile must see the look on my face because she smiles sadly at me as I walks towards her, her smile frame the only one residing in the thrones in the front center of the room. "Your mother wasn't feeling good and retired to her rooms. So I will be helping you for the rest of today. We have four more candidates correct?" She asks me, but at the moment I don't care about the stupid men.

       "What do you mean? Is she sick? What wrong with her?" I ask and she waves me away with a soft flick of her wrist as if my questions are nothing but an annoyance to her at the moment.

       "She is fine. Probably nothing more than a headache. Now focus Artemis. The next man is coming." She tells me harshly just as there is a loud knock on the door.

     With a rigid back and I nasty frown I turn away from my aunt and face the doors just as she calls for the people to come in. The doors get opened and in walks the most sleepy man I've ever seen if I were to see one. His hair is greased back with enough product to do my own for a week and his eyes are beady and creepy from the way they instantly attach to my body.

     "Princess, meet Chester Wild, he is the richest man in our kingdom and he has agreed to meet you today." My aunt tells me and she stays question as the man approaches me.

      "Your Highness, you look rather devine in your gown." He tells me and I hum, not making a love to step any closer to the man.

     "How did you acquire your riches?" I ask him tilting my head to the side and his eye brows raised as if surprised by my question though I don't know why.

      "I apologize, I don't think I know what you mean." He tells me clearing his throat and I smile to myself softly, only entertaining the man now because there is no way in the Motherland that I am letting this man anywhere near me to become a semi permanent fixture in my life.

      "How did you become the richest man in our kingdom? Was it through trade? Was it through schooling? Or perhaps was it through aiding in the adolescent training for our kids who are first learning about all of their abilities?" I ask him, wanting to figure it out but he clears his throat and looks past me to my aunt Lucile before he turns back towards me with an uncomfortable smile.

      "Maybe on a later date we can talk about such issues?" He offers and I almost want to ohhh. If this man thinks I will ever see him again on a person level, he can die.

       "Enjoy your walk." Lucile says as way of dismissal and I sigh to myself as I gather a bit of my skirt and softly walk down the step I was perched on and walk towards Chester, trying my best to make sure I don't get too close.

     But of course as soon as I get near the man, he falls into step right beside me and places his hand right behind my back, almost touching me but not making disgusting shivers rack up my spine, witching I could rip his out and be done with it.

    The large doors get opened once more and when we pass the barrier, two of each of our Guards fall into place behind us and follow us through the castle ground until we find ourselves by the garden in the back, though I don't take him anywhere near the spot Bri and I had our date. I refuse to taint that place with his nasty aura.

    "So I heard that you didn't have luck finding your Knot. That's suck a pity." Chester says and I look at him out of the corner of my eye, my back stiff as I feel my anger rising.

     Because I have a Knot, my pretty little butterfly that's probably listening to me now, and I try to let the thought soothe me into not getting so posed, but I can feel my skin heating up a bit in anger.

    When I don't answer, the narcissist man starts again, and begins trying to boost his way into my pants. "I would be a suitable match for you Princess. With both of our riches and connections, we would be one of the most powerful couples this place has ever seen." He tells me and I almost slip up and laugh. Almost.

     "Yes your riches. You've mentioned that before. Any resemblance of a personality beyond all of the money I have no need for?"
I ask him, wanting a real answer just to see what he says but what he does next causes hike to jump in my throat.

    His hand reaches out and one age and on to my arm while the other latches on to the small of my back, his fingers brushing the top of my ass, and pure burning rage flows through me and to my skin and Chester yells out in pain as he lets go of my body, but I reach out with my burning hand and grab his arm, and I can feel my eyes glow as his knees weaken and he falls to them as he cries out with pain. I hear the birds rushing over, but I ignore their shouts as I look down at the disgusting man.

     "It doesn't matter what reason you are here for, I am your princess and your future crown. You do not touch me on your hormonal basic whim. Don't ever think you have any entitlement to even breath my air without my permission." I spit before I finally let go of his arm.

   The twins arrive towards me first and Marcus has a knife pointing down at the man while his twin turn to me with worry in his eyes. "Are you alright? What happened?"

     "He put his hands where they do not belong. Have him removed Marcus, and Marco, you come with me." I turn away from the men, the other gurrds not saying anything to defend their leader on his knees.

     My walk it brisk and annoyed as I make my way through the castle, my heels clicking against the hard floor and I let the sound flow through my body and empower me, and when I turn the corner to the throne room, the guards at the door immediately open it for me and I walk right through to find my aunt lounging away on a thorn she does not deserve.

     "Do not bring in another man who believes it his right to touch me whenever it may please him. I am the Princess not a fuck toy. I am done for the day and do not send for me for the rest of the day because I will not come." I tell her and before she can reprimand me for doing anything she doesn't like I'm walking out of the room, Marco right behind me, his hand on his weapon and I can feel the stiff air move with his threat to the men around me.

    This is my decision to allow a man to touch me, and it will be on my terms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made the mistake of not taking a nap today and I feel like I'm about to pass out at 9 o'clock at night. sorry to disappoint guys. the Saturday update will be much better.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Favorite cake flavor?