Calls and Shock

Briana's POV

     "Someone has to tell Alex." Artemis says and I cringe away from the sentence as if it's poison.

    "Are you crazy? The only reason you wouldn't be dead is because he knows you. I don't know if he'll be happy that I have another anchor or mad because I'm not his baby sister anymore." I say, rambling on as I think about the fact that I have to talk to Alex.

    Though as I complain about it, I also find it a little relieving. While I can tell that both Artemis and Chelsea are happy about me being Art's Knot and the idea of me being around, I'm terrified.

   I should have ran when I had the chance.

   It's one thing to have to see my cousin every few months along with my adoptive family, but with a Knot.. I would be stuck here.

    This city, this place, it's not good for me. If anything having me around ours Artemis in more danger. People that love me and stay around me always gets hurt. I've seen it happen. It's why I refuse to visit more with my family.

    I love them all too much for me to spread that on to them.

    And now I have two more people to worry about. Two more people that are in danger by just being around me and being someone that I could learn to love.

    Two more people that could end up just like both sets of parents did.

    I immediately put the brakes on that train of thought and instead give Artemis and Chelsea my best smile to distract them from the pain that's trying to etch out on my face.

    "I'll tell him though, since you're so scared. Can I have some privacy?" I ask the two and Chelsea is quick to get up but Artemis is slower as she walks over to me with a sad smile.

    "We'll be in my bedroom." She says with a liase before she gives me a look that tells me she knows more that what I think. "Don't run away, little floater. I won't cage you in." She tells me and my breath gets caught in my throat as she moves away from me and walks over to where Chelsea is waiting at a door along the back wall behind the couch.

   I turn away as the door shuts and home my phone in my hand. She's right. I do want to run away from here. From Chelsea. From her. It all feels like too much.

   I hurriedly type in my brothers number and stand up, walking to the window as I feel my chest squeeze a little in anxiety.

    Alex picks up on the second ring and I can hear baby sounds in the background as well as the TV. "Hey, Bri whats up? How's being at the fancy castle?" He asks me with celar amusement and I find my worlds stuck in my throat unable to answer and he immediately feels it on the other side of the line. "Bri, why's wrong? Take a breath with me, kid. In. And out."

    Alex takes me through our usual routine and after a minute or two, I can finally feel air seeping back into my lungs, panic still there but no longer choking me.

    "I'm trapped." I tell him my voice not neatly as strong and calm as it usually is making me want to scream. "I have too many anchors." I whimper and Alex turns off the TV and all I hear is what sounds like Matty making baby noises as she plays with her toys.

    "What happened?" He asks me and I laugh at that. What hasn't happened.

     "I found my Knot." I tell him and he hums.

     "And this isn't a good thing because you have to stay with them?" He asks me, and I feel grateful that he doesn't congratulate me on it like I thought he would.

      "Yes." I whisper and he takes a deep breath before letting it out.

     "Maybe if you talk to them, they will let you leave for how long you want for a few weeks, they'll need you and you them for your monthly. And maybe they'll even want to go with you so you won't have to stay in Kaulike." He tries to reason with me but it's not working.

     "That won't work Alex.." I tell him, gnawing on my lips as I try to figure out how to tell him something.

     "Why? Who is it?" He asks, confused on why something so simple can't work.

     "Because.. my Knot is the princess. Princess Artemis." I tell him and there's silence on the other end as he tries to load the information in his mind.

     "Artemis? Like our Art from school?" He asks and I nod before I remember that he can't see me.

      "Yes. Chelsea told me that she just got back from a two years trip somewhere." I tell him and he blows out a large breath as if stumped.

     "Fuck, Bri. Does she know who you are?" He asks as if trying to figure out all the angles as I sigh. 

     "She remembers."

      "Okay. Don't make any rash decisions. I'm doing to talk to her. Until then, do what you normally do and keep your distance okay? We'll figure something out, Toot." He tells me and I want to believe him, so I do, even if it may end up hurting me in the end.

      "Okay." The two of us say our goodbyes and I love you before we get off the phone and I continue to look out the window a little bit.

     He told me to keep my distance and maybe any other time that would be easy. But I know that it won't be now. The way she talks to me, and handles me already damn near has me melting her whether we're close. And it's like she can see right through me even when I haven't even said anything.

     The scary part of me finding Artemis isn't that she's another anchor, it's more of the aggy with the way we're going, I'm scared that I would mind and get too comfortable before everything goes to hell.

    With a small frown I sigh and push myself fork the window seal before I head to the door that Art and Chelsea went into and knock softly, knowing their enhanced ears can hear it. After a second or so, the door gets opened and I find Artemis standing in front of me with jeans and a sweater, different than what she had on earlier and though she no longer towers over me, she still has about two to three inches on me.

    "Look who didn't run away." She says with a half smile half smirk and I feel my face heat up before I cross my arms defensively.

      "Don't count me out yet." I grumble and she laughs her hand coming up to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear making my cheeks even more red as I curse her to Hell and back.

     "What did your brother say?" She asks me with her hand still on my face and I smack it away from me but she doesn't seem hurt, only amused by it making me want to huff.

    "He said he's gonna kill you." I tell her with a nod and she laughs.

     "So I should expect to hear from him soon." She translates and I roll my eyes at her, hating that she remembers how to read me from when we were younger though I'm sure she finds the skill more than handy.

    "Yeah, whatever." I say before I think of something that can get me out of her view and away for her smoldering gold eyes. "Chelsea aren't you supposed to be showing me the castle." I call to her where I see her sitting on the floor on her phone and she perks up.

    "Yes! Come on." She says excitedly before standing up and making her way over to us. Artemis stands in front of me for a few moments more, long lashes and hair distracting me as my lips part in awe at her beauty.

    "I'll see you soon, little floater." She tells me before she moves out the way and lets Chelsea pass her who grabs on to my hand and turns towards the door, pulling me towards it. After she opens it, I peek over my shoulder and find Art standing in her doorway watching me and her gaze makes me shiver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know what... the more i think about it and write the more I think this book may have smut after all. They're so cute. I didn't expect Art to act like this but... I love it. Wait until you see her and Ares relationship.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Are you wearing socks?