prologue

Everett

"What have you said" my dad threw his fork on the plate aggressively. it creaked. He looked at me with angry eyes which made my breath hitch. I bit my lower lip hard, my heart beating loudly.

"I said I'm.....gay" I repeated confidently, it was high time I came out to them. I don't wanna be in closet anymore. Am about you graduate college so I'm a big boy now and I'm gonna start my life truthfully. I want to be free to fuck boys like I please even if my parents are so against it I don't care.

I will do me period!

"My son is no homo!" my quiet mum declared. Putting her perfectly manicured hand on the Bible which was on the top of the table.

The genius ones have guessed it, yes my parents are ethical, moral, spiritual Christians who believe that being gay or being attracted to the same gender is a sin but I beg to differ. It's not sin and it will never be a sin. God created me as I am and liking boys doesn't change the way I am, I have learned that the hard way over the years, the way it was put into my head that it was wrong since I started differentiating between colors.

I grew up knowing that looking at another man sexually was a sin but when I met gay men, met lesbians, bisexuals, pansexuals, nonbinary and many others, I knew it wasn't a sin. They are happy, hell more than happy, so why shouldn't I be like that, I also what to be happy, so for my happiness, I decided to tell my Christian parents that I'm gay and I'm fuckin proud of myself.

"Mum I am?" her mouth is trembling, I know she wants to burst out at me, shout at me or whatever is going on in her mind but she was restraining herself you can see it. The way she was clutching her hands tightly

"It's just a phase, it will pass when you get a girlfriend" I snapped my eyes at my dad, looking at him with disbelief. What no sense was he sprouting right now. "Remember Jackie, Desmond and Genevieve's daughter. She is a good Christian and a good girl. She even likes you, all you have to do is go on a date with her and everything will be fine" he added glaring at me with angry eyes.

"Stop it dad, this is not a phase. I have known since I was seven and it hasn't gone away and trust me I tried making it go away but it didn't" I found out that I was gay when I joined the Dodge ball club in middle school, I used to look at boys flat chest, how toned they were. At first I thought that I just admire them because I wasn't as toned and muscular as they were. I thought I was jealous and I started working out to just be like them but when a new transfer student come a long that's when I found out that I'm so gay that I couldn't think straight.

Nicklaus was his name,I can't forget that piece of meat. Nicklaus was different from all the boys I had seen or met, he was so beautiful, his face, his smile was to die for and even though I wanted I couldn't look away, he made my heart race just by smiling at me. When we went to shower I couldn't stop gazing at his delicious physique, his torso looked to be smooth and hard. My meanie used to twitch every time I took a glimpse at him or think about him. I always vision what it would feel like to be in his arms.

So I just knew I was definitely gay

"You will go to hell" mum looked at me seriously "I don't want your soul to burn Everett, you have to change" she finally broke shouting at me as my dad stood up.

"I can't change, that's the way I am" I stood too looking at them.

"If you can't change then get out of my house" my dad snarled at me, the way he looked at me showed that he wanted to hit me so bad. "You're my only son, you can't be" the pain in his voice wasn't masked.

"Dad this is who I am," I say in an equally pained voice.

"No, that's not the way you are,"

"Charles he can change" mom interjected looking at her husband with soft eyes. "I can take him to convention therapy," she said tears wailing in her eyes "he will heal" she says looking at me.