chapter 5

Jared

My heart thumped in my chest hearing what Everett had called me. Oh fuck this is fucked up, my parents are gonna know that I'm a fag. My body started to tremble in fear feeling like I can't breathe, this is it ,my secret is out there in the open.

What's wrong with Ev, didn't he see their car parked outside when he came in, or did he want to out me? I shook off the thoughts because I know my Ev can't do that to me, I know what he can and can't.

This was totally a mistake and the surprise look in his eyes shows it too well.

"Why are you calling my son babe" my dad snarled at Everett who looked at me with apologetic eyes swallowing hard. My body was sweating in fear and I felt my legs go weak. Ev turned his eyes away from me as he looked at my dad and mom with arched eyebrows, shrugging.

"Why would I call Jared babe" he smiled at my parents his eyes showing confusion as he put Molly down who ran towards me but right now I didn't have time for her. My heart wanted to come out.

"We're not stupid Everett, you called him babe" it was my mum who said with too much anger in her blue eyes looking at him to explain. Everett sighed deeply putting his gaze at me, biting his lips not wanting to say something he would regret later but it was there at the tip of his tongue wanting to throw it in my parent's face how gay I am. I can see it in his expression wanting to say it. My eyes pleaded with him not to say anything.

My mouth opened and closed not knowing what to say. Beads of sweat cascaded down my back.

"Where is Josie?" the question was directed towards me and I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, who the hell is Josie.

I looked at him with confusion as we made eye contact and for a minute I wilted into his beautiful eyes, oh God he drives me crazy. The love I have for him is too extensive. All I wanted was to walk up to him and kiss him so hard we both forget about what was happening tho I knew better "the girl I brought yesterday. I left her here" he added but the dumb me didn't get what he was saying. Josie, I don't recall anyone by that name, I looked at him trying to understand what he was talking about until it hit me.

"Oh Josie, s-she left saying th-that that that she had to do something" I replied nervously looking at my parents to see if they are buying the lie.

"Oh, I told her I will drive her back" Everett said dejected "I will call her, I guess" he turned around looking at my parents who were glaring at him too, since day one my parents never liked Everett like at all yet to me it was the other way around. When he stumbled into me I knew I wanted him even though I had vowed to never look at any guys but Everett was different I saw it and I knew I would want him forever.

"Nice to see you again Nora, Martin and...." My love looked at Lydia, was it her name I don't know either but I think.

"Lydia" she muttered in her sweet voice but no matter how beautiful, successful and wonderful she is, I will never like her. I have my eyes on my husband.

"Yes Lydia, I have bought this coffee for um Josie but since she's gone Jared here I know you haven't had breakfast and here are some bagels" I smiled reaching out for the cup but mum stopped him.

"Don't worry we brought him breakfast and Lydia made it. Isn't it wonderful" that's when Everett saw the paper bags on the table on the middle of the living room. The hurt expression on his face made me hate myself more.

"I think coffee would do good if it's the first thing I put in my stomach" I laughed nervously trying to reach out to the cup but again my mother stopped me

"No Jared, it's bad for your stomach and healthy and you don't like this type of coffee. It's even cheap" I looked at Everett with an apologetic eye hoping he can see how sorry I was about her. He looked at me for a split second as he averted his eyes at my mum with a beaming smile.