Chapter 21

Everett

I gasped out loud my legs going weak instantly at what I was seeing. I blinked several times just to make sure that what I was seeing wasn't true. "Everett," my best friend called pushing himself away from nonother than Marc, Jared's best friend. My mouth was wide in shock glancing between them trying to understand what was happening.

"Everett, it's not what you think," Wallace said quickly walking toward panicked

"Um sorry to interpret, continue please," I say nervously wanting to get out of here this instant. I wasn't ready for this, my mind wasn't ready to see my best friend who I had known for years kiss my husband's or rather my ex's best friend when they are both supposed to be straight.

They are straight right? Yes of course. Marc had been married to a woman for years so he is straight, right?  Oh my God, I am going to lose my mind.

"No don't go Ev, what brings you here," Walla asked eyeing Marc and talking to him with his eyes like if he says anything, he is a dead man.

"I asked Jared for a divorce, I wanted to crush here but..."

"Wait up" Marc cut me off walking toward us and getting out of the daze he was in. "You asked Jared for a divorce," he asked when he was in front of us. I nodded not able to control the tears that had started to stream down my face again. I hate this so much. Thinking about it makes my heart break into a thousand pieces. I thought I wanted this but I was so damn wrong, all I wanted was to turn around this minute and go back to Jared.

"Why did you do that," Marc asked confused.

"Marc, we both know why," Walla said as if it was expected as he pulled on my hand and took me to his apartment.

"Wait, I can go to the hotel, you guys seemed busy," I say controlling the tears.

"I told you it was nothing right Marc" he looked at Marc who looked away nodding slowly. Wallace pulled me inside telling me to sit on his couch as he brought me a glass of water which appreciated much. "Ok, what happened," Wallace asked sitting next to Marc, they were both nervous.

"Is it ok if I talk about it tomorrow, I'm tired and I'm too upset to talk" I say rubbing circles on my stomach feeling my baby kick softly?

"Yeah it's ok" Wallace replied.

"I think I should go be there for Red, I know he is in pain right now" Marc stood up quickly and that was a great idea, he might need a friend right now and who is better than Marc though I still think that I interrupted something. I feel bad coz I see how awkward they were looking at each other.

"That would be nice Marc," I say fumbling with my fingers.

"His my best friend, I have to be there for him" I nodded controlling the flowing of tears. This is what a heartbreak feels like, fuck it hurts so bad. "Wallace can I talk to you outside for a minute," he asked. Walla nodded as they moved out, I felt bad for showing up like this, I think I cock blocked them and I feel so bad about it.

I lay down on the couch with a heavy sigh, reflecting on what happened today can't believe that Jared and I are going to divorce. I thought we would be together until the end but life had another thing coming. I'm scared of what is to come but for now, I just don't need to think about anything. So with that in mind, I closed my eyes blocking away all my thoughts welcoming sleep and God knows I was so tired.

I woke up the next morning feeling like my bladder would burst as I ran to the bathroom to pee. I looked at myself in the mirror after doing my business and washing my hands. My bloodshot eyes looked back at me, my face puffy from crying so much the night before and the red marks under them weren't doing any justice to me.