Chapter 1 (Trust) *Friday evening

It was Friday. Hawks and Izuku started off their first week of the internship with stealth training and confidence building. He soon found out stealth would be the most difficult thing in the world. Izuku was clumsy and mumbled far too much. The whole week went by with very little progress.

Hawks swooped down, building to building without a sound. Izuku trailed behind him, trying to copy Hawks' movements.

'Crack...' Hawks jumped, looking behind him to see a startled Izuku.

"Sorry." Izuku whispered. He had stepped on a stick, snapping it.

"That's the seventh time, Midoriya- kun." Hawks thwarted.

"You've been counting? I'm sorry,
I-I'm really sor-" Izuku mumbled.

"Quit apologizing. This is stealth training and you're louder than an elephant." Hawks quietly yelled.

"I'm sor- I-I mean-....wait...Did you just call me fat?" Izuku asked with an awkward smile. Hawks glared at him and they both began to laugh.

Hawks had wanted to leave. He was tired and had had a bad day, but now he wanted to stay out as long as possible. He looked down at Izuku, and grabbed him quickly. Izuku flinched and began to fidget as Hawks wrapped his arms around the boy. Hawks quickly stopped when he realized what he was doing. He shouldn't have hugged Izuku without permission. Izuku blushed and looked at the ground, waiting for Hawks to say something. This was a feeling Izuku didn't quite know yet he didn't know how to feel. He even held his breath.

There was a silence between them. Hawks released Izuku with knowing and sad eyes. Izuku glanced up at Hawks peering at him through the hair covering his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, I-" Izuku began to fidget uncontrollably. He didn't want to disappoint the number two hero.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just, um, tired. Yeah, I'm just tired" Hawks apologized and Izuku smiled a bright smile. Hawks' heart sped up. 'What is this kid[m doing to me?' He thought.

Hawks' facial features softened. Izuku reminded Hawks of a younger version of himself. All Might had told him that Izuku always wants to help but he's also anxious. Not because he's scared of fighting, but because he doesn't want to fail. Hawk knew how Izuku felt and he wanted the boy to loosen up and get a little wild. That's how Hawks got to be the number two pro hero.

Hawks took a couple steps back. He slowly turned around and bent his knees slightly. Izuku raised an eyebrow.

"Hop on." Hawks chuckled.

"You want me to get on your back?" Izuku cocked his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"Yeah, This is a better way to teach you how to be stealthy. You trust me, don't you?"

"y-yes, "(not the Aladdin magic carpet scene.....)

Izuku stepped forward and put his hands on Hawks' shoulders before pushing himself off the ground and wrapping his legs under hawks' furled wings, piggyback style. Hawks began to run rooftop to rooftop, not making a single sound. The two began to giggle like children.

Izuku's breath tickled Hawks' neck. Hawks shuddered at the warmth and blushed a light shade of pink. He tightened his grip on Izuku's legs and pinched Izuku's thigh. It sent a ticklish sensation through Izuku, which made him shriek with laughter and loosen his grip.

"I'm slipping!" Izuku laughed.

"Well if you would stop giggling and hold on tighter-" Hawks teased, before landing on a rooftop.

"Hey, you're the one who was tickling-"

"What are you two doing? You're supposed to be training, not playing childish games." A voice boomed from behind them.