Chapter 20 (Hurt Past)

Izuku was walking through the halls of the school. There were no signs of Bakugou anywhere. Izuku traveled to the dorms. He didn't see Bakugou in the common room nor the kitchen. He went to the elevator and tried to calm his breathing as the doors closed.

Izuku exited the elevator and walked to Bakugou's door. He reached out to knock on the door, but hesitated. Suddenly a quiet hum of frustration crept out from the other end of the door. Izuku knocked quietly.

"K-kacchan, are you o-okay?" Izuku stuttered.

The door flung open and Izuku was pulled inside before he could speak and the door was slammed shut behind him. Izuku looked up as Bakugou turned his back to him.

"You said you wanted to talk, let's talk." Bakugou said, turning around, showing his tear stained cheeks.

"Kacchan." Izuku whispered. He reached forward and wiped a tear away from Bakugou's eyes. Bakugou pulled away and turned his face. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he growled.

"Katsuki." Izuku said in a hushed voice. The blonde looked into Izuku's eyes. Tears now began to fall down Izuku's face. He reached over and grabbed the blonde, pulling him closely. Bakugou stood still, but eventually hugged Izuku back. They sat on the bed in eachothers arms for a few minutes.

"You called me, Katsuki." Bakugou's head rested in the crook of Izuku's neck. Izuku smiled sadly.

"It felt like the right time to use it." He spoke softly. "After all this time," Bakugou sat back and the two stared at each other.

"De-Izuku....I'm so sorry-" Bakugou squeezed his eyes shut and slammed his head into Izuku's chest.

"Katsuki...I forgave you a long time ago." Izuku spoke calmly.

"Why? I don't deserve it. I don't deserve to have you here comforting me. I don't-" Bakugou was cut off by Izuku's trembling. Izuku cried silently. Bakugou placed his hands on Izuku's face and clung onto the boy as they cried together. Soon crying turned to laughter and Bakugou was confused. Izuku laughed.

"What's wrong with us?" Izuku chuckled. Bakugou smiled and gave a breathy laugh.

"Pft, a lot of things." Bakugou shook his head. His smile seemed to brighten and the tears faded slightly.

They studied each other's expressions for a moment. The smiles faded and the eye contact intensified. Bakugou felt drawn in by Izuku's eyes. Bakugou looked down from Izuku's gaze and looked at his hands.

Bakugou realized one of his hands was cupping Izuku's cheek. He rubbed his thumb soothingly onto the soft surface. He looked back up into Izuku's eyes. The distance between him and Izuku was short. He noticed that Izuku was nearly in his lap on top of him. Bakugou closed the distance by leaning in. He pressed his lips to Izuku's, softly. It was short, just a soft peck. Izuku pulled away, tears stung his eyes once again.

"I c-can't-" His voice cracked.

"I-Izuku wait-" Izuku stood up and hurried to the door. He wiped the tears away as he ran to his dorm. He reached his dorm and closed the door behind him. He sobbed into his comforter. He had so many feelings for 'his' Kacchan, but was love one of them?