CHAPTER 1

SAKSHI'S POV

Picking up the dirty clothes I put them in the laundry basket taking a mental note to wash them later . And then folded the washed clothes properly and kept them in the cupboard .

I sat on the bed and kept a hand on my belly . I was 12 weeks in my pregnancy which means 3 months.

Smiling I lay down and pick up my phone as I call my husband Vivek .
We had an arrange marriage almost 1 year ago . We are not in love yet but we respect and care for each other.

I hadn't thought about having kids until my mother-in-law mentioned it and said she wants to become a grandma soon . Vivek and me had gave it a thought and planned properly before deciding to have a baby.
[A/N- here by planning I meant that the responsiblities of kid , education and savings and all for the kid)

I frown when he didn't pick up. He always picks up my phone whenever I call after we found out about my pregnancy no matter how busy he was .

Looking at the clock it was 4 pm he will be back by 6 pm .

I decided to take a rest and soon fell asleep .

_________

It was 7 pm Vivek hasn't come back home yet I tried calling multiple times but his phone is switched off . I was starting to getting worried .

When I woke up my in-laws weren't at home nor was my brother-in-law. They didn't informed me they were going out . I guess they didn't wanted to wake me up .

The door bell rang I quickly rushed towards the door thinking it might be Vivek but as soon as I opened the door I saw my in-laws and brother tear stained faces .

"What happened ?",I ask worriedly .

My eyes went to the gate and saw an ambulance they took out someone . My heart started beating faster .

"Vivek bhai...",my brother-in-law said .

"What happened to him ? Is he fine?",I ask my heart still beating fast.

"He is no more he got in an accident".

As soon as the words come out of his mouth I froze .

No it can't happen no it can't . He can't leave me like this . He won't do this to me .

"You are lying",I say but when Vivek's body is brought inside I couldn't believe it .

"No no no !!!! It can't happen !",I yell as tears start streaming down my face.

___________

I saw my brother-in-law and father-in-law performing Vivek's last rites .

My eyes went to my 3 months pregnant belly as I protectively kept my hand on it fearing that my baby will also be taken from me . A tear slipped down my face .

Why did you leave me Vivek ? Why ?

As soon as we went home I locked myself inside Vivek and my room . I wanted to cry but no tears came out .

I was tired my eyes were begnning to close and sleep was slowly taking over me when there were loud knocks on the door .

"Leave me alone ",I say tiredly

"Open the door fast "

It was my mother in law .

Quickly getting up I opened the door only to be slapped by her .

"You because of you this happened my son Vivek died because of you!",she yells .

I look at her in disbelief . How can she blame me for my own husband's death ?!