Ch 12. Suffocation

"Do you really have to go so soon? you just arrived"

Taehyung sighs disappointment, pout almost drawing his lips when the minutes already drove by when catching up had been brought.

Hyun laughs "It's not like I won't keep coming here more often" And as if to make his point, he lifts his brow "Now won't you come here and give your favorite hyung a goodbye hug?"

Taehyung tries to look as mad as possible. He graciously allows him to ditch his plans of staying that way until he would stay a bit longer. But when he smiles it's a little wobbly and he can't help but falter it all and sink into the elders embrace.

Just as they pull away the door to the training studio opens. And Taehyung follows Hyun's amused gaze towards the exit. He grows even further and crosses his arms over his chest, making him look impenetrable when he looks at the doorframe.

Jeongguk's large frame looms in the doorway with steel in his posture and in his face. But this time his eyes wasn't on him, it was on Hyun. The glint of rigid in his eyes shifts and his knuckles turn white over the handle and they becomes as biting as the sharp wind outside.

Hyun's smirk only spreads after the air  grows timid. "Long time no see Jeongguk"

Taehyung shifts his gaze between them confused.

"Last time I saw you, you were locked up right? it's nice to see you're out again"

Jeongguk's jaw is set tight, and there's a venomous linger in his features. "Why are you here"

Taehyung can feel a sharp sting behind his words, frustration threatening to escape from how hard his knuckles are turning white. His mind is drifting for an answer but his heart is just happy to see Jeongguk and Taehyung's torn between the two as the air grows tenser.

He had been confused by his hostility and blinked up at them with round, wondrous eyes.

But hyun doesn't seem bothered at all. Not when he chuckles the lightest, eyes sparkling with affection as he throws an arm around Taehyung's shoulder. Taking the ballerina by suprise.

"I'm here to see my friend of course, I missed him a little to much while away"

Finally this time Jeongguk turns his gaze towards Taehyung, face void of any emotion but he still has Taehyung's breath stopping for just one moment.

He clenches his jaw and looks away. He looks visibly upset when his eyes are back on Hyun. Who's amusement in his own are only growing frigid. There's underlying words behind them and it's as Taehyung isn't there anymore.

Jeongguk is about to say something but stops. When his eyes falter back to Taehyung just for moment before his frown draws deeper beyond his brows. And Hyun, he seems to have it all under control.

"Well, it's better for me to get going now. I'll see you later then tae right?"

"Oh, yeah.." Taehyung stumbles out of his daze. Confused as his eyes turn back to the elder. A small smile gradient on his lips.

He thinks that he is about to leave then without a word, but when he gets to the door, just beside Jeongguk, he looks back over his shoulder. The slight hint of shift in his smirk. "It's really nice that you're out again"

As soon as the door is shut behind them the air grows quiet. It seems the more silent it grows, the more distance there is between them and Taehyung can't seem to catch up on any words.

He only gets his answer when Jeongguk finally looks up at him, eyes set into a glare. "Why are you hanging around him?"Jeongguk's words are cold, distant.