Ch 28. I would like to understand

"Jimin?-Yoongi? w-what are you doing here?" Taehyung swallows

It's almost past midnight when someone decides that it's a good idea to knock on his door. And when he opens it he doesn't expect to see Yoongi with Jimin. He barely spares Jimin a glance, just stares confused at the latter.

Who averts his deniable gaze when he stays quiet.

"I promised Jeongguk to keep an eye on you" Yoongi finally wills himself to say.

"Tae! what the hell happened to your face?!" a familiar screeching voice drawls and his attention is caught back to his best friend instead, who's full lips are mortified.

It takes a while.

It takes one hour to calm Jimin down, before he finally managed to get them into the house instead. Around the couch, it's quiet. He stares solely on his feet. He can't remember how he looks like, just knows he had only been able to get a solid hour of sleep before he's up again, eyes red and swollen.

Confused and scared like it's all playing again. That Jeongguk isn't here, by his side.

He knows that he must look bruised  and drenched, ever since Jeongguk called him he doesn't care about anything else. That maybe, if he stayed in this state, if he didn't sleep, maybe he won't miss when Jeongguk decided to come back. Decides to tell him that he's so stupid for not sleeping even though he can't himself.

That he also feels groggy and heavy as if he's dragging weights around instead and that it also hurts. That at night it all becomes too real. Right now it all becomes to real.

"What the hell happened?" Jimin drawls once again and Taehyung only swallows.

"Nothing I just-" He stops, feels his head ache. When will he stop lying?

He doesn't look up, just stares at his hands that are to warm when he continues "Please don't tell gguk.."

He finally manages to whisper.

When he finally looks up at them, they stop themselves from going further the moment his eyes tell more than his own words could ever.

"Have you seen your face right now? did Hyun do this?"

He's wringing his fingers together, picking nervously at the skin around his nail again. "That's not important.. um i-i didn't have time to think about it much yeaterday but.." His voice trembles and he tries to swallow the lump in his throat.

"But Hyun kept telling me that it was my fault for what happened to jeongguk getting locked up two years ago. I didn't get it then and I just can't understand.." He manages to continue, feel that ache in his chest and it hurts.