Ch 24. Favorite

"Can we please not talk about this?" Taehyung exhales sharply through his mouth, tucking his white tee further under his leggings to keep his hands occupied

"You can't keep it a secret from your parents forever Tae. You have to tell them"

"I know Jimin! I know I need to tell them I do ballet one day but not right now"There's a sharp pause when Taehyung bellows under his line "I already have to much to think about right now so can we please drop this?"

Taehyung finally meets his best friends eyes since the moment he opened his mouth during their practice. But Jimin is still staring at him. That way that tells him he did something incredibly foolish when he hears his best friend sigh, his shoulders slumping in defeat.

There's an odd, thick silence for a moment after that and Taehyung can't find himself to open his mouth.

He really didn't mean to get so worked up. But lately all of Hyun's text messages have been draining him.

Taehyung slowly walks over and drops down beside Jimin on the small studio bench. He proceeds to wrap himself around his friend like an overgrown koala. "I'm sorry, I know you only mean the best for me" He tucks his chin on Jimin's ballet shirt when he mumbles so quietly.

Curled up like this, he looks defeated. Unsure of himself and everything. It's too quiet between them and while Taehyung usually finds comfort in the presence of Jimin, right now his thoughts are to devoid and the air between them is tense.

"But I can handle this" Taehyung breathes into warm puddles when he slowly tightens his arms around the boy. Who's still restrained quiet for a few seconds before continuing, "Fine. But if you don't get your hands off me I will-"

Taehyung only grins into a chuckling clutter when he narrows his hold "You will what?"

But his giggles haltingly deteriorate into cackles until they turn completely quiet when the door to the training studio suddenly opens and two familiar boys crowd in. Taehyung's mood switches from relaxed to tense so quickly he almost drops his guard when his eyes instantly recoils over one specific person.

Jeongguk

There's a hard swallow, it's almost silly how quickly his heart can start beating and his whole demeanor fall under the influence of seeing Jeongguk.

To much to the point he's oblivious of the fact Jeongguk's heavy eyes instantly strain between him to his arms; swaddled around Jimin's shoulder and he doesn't seem as welcoming anymore when there's a hard scowl painting across his features.

"Jiminie!" Hoseok, the bright red haired boy he has chemistry with brings him back to his own presence.

"Jiminie?" Taehyung whispers back in confusion. Tearing his eyes back to his friend beside him.

Still, Jimin stays completely silent and refuses to look at him. Just let's his hand slowly brush nervously against his nape when a fitful stutter leaves past his lips "I kind of got close to him during the match we went to.."