Ch 29. Bond

"I warned you not to get yourself involved again with Hyun"

"I didn't call you for this, how's Taehyung?" Jeongguk cuts Yoongi off. Let's his series of incoherent mumbling manage to coax out so recklessly.

It's barely any use to be nice in here anymore. The lines to the cable phone has increased from the corner of an office since last time, the jagged edges digging into his hand. — other than that nothing's changed in this place. Cell still piled up, unsettling shifty eyes and the muttered rumbling along his cell mates feels far more comfortable this time. When Jeongguk sits on his bunk bed— he isn't crying anymore like the first time back in his freshman year.

But it's still not okay, not for him. He wouldn't care if he was caught up in here for a while, there wouldn't be a reason for him to try to get bailed out. But it's not enough, not this time. Not when Taehyung is out there.

There's a sigh over the line, Yoongi likes to say that Jeongguk reminds him of stale ice. Despite the nature of their friendship, talking to Jeongguk feels solemnly cold. But that's just what Yoongi says. Honestly— maybe, it's also the fun in it.

The way amusement stirs in his gut, like a wasps nest when the thought that maybe Jeongguk is just not willing to listen because Taehyung's name isn't involved.

Immediately, a smirk falls over Yoongi's face.

He feels like he knows Jeongguk, at least that's what he likes to say. it's funny cause he's never really known him. For the last seven years he's been the only close thing Jeongguk could consider as a friend, but he still didn't know him.

They barely ever talk and it's honestly sort of quiet every time they hang out. It's obviously a weird sort of friendship, one that he can't pinpoint, he just knows he likes it.

He likes the way they don't have to prove anything to stay close.

Even if Jeongguk would go for days, sometimes lengths of even months without any contact, Yoongi never once questioned it. Even times when Jeongguk's home life hit him too hard and he'd distance himself to the point no one got a hold of him until the time he decides to come back like nothing, and that's exactly how Yoongi treated it.

Like nothing happened. Because that's what Jeongguk wants. That people don't unnecessary meddle in on how he handles stuff.

Maybe that's the reason why he considers Yoongi as his friend. Because he just knows what to do in the right moments.

Sometimes, when things got really bad, Yoongi would settle a place in his apartment in Daego for Jeongguk to stay without asking anything. It's like a sort of understanding between them, where no boundaries get crossed but the simple knowing that he's there. That Yoongi understands and he's just there.

So he likes to say he knows Jeongguk sometimes.

Actually, Yoongi is quiet sure of his brand new theory. Because for once, Jeongguk doesn't try and argue back and only wants to hear about Taehyung.

Still Yoongi keeps completely silent. Just continues to confine at letting out another short breath through the line, and Jeongguk's half tempted to take his phone and throw it across the room but he tries to reign in his anger instead.

"Yoongi. How's Taehyung."

The block of ice in Jeongguk grows, voice and entire chest starts to feel black.

Yoongi knows he needs to be careful on what he says next.

"Jimin's making sure he's okay" that's all he can say. The line between his brows grows the same way Jeongguk's does.

Difference is, Yoongi has a headache— Jungkook is just getting angrier.

Knowing Jeongguk for years never payed off. Yoongi never learned how to handle him properly, how to understand him in times like this.

Especially when Jeongguk's hand only tighten around the phone. For some reason, yoongi's half assed answers only serves to piss off Jeongguk even more.

"That wasn't the question. Yoongi, answer the fucking question"

Jeongguk's quick with his anger, heart hammering in his chest. He thinks about how even if everything is shit in here, Taehyung is still so pretty.

Yoongi sighs, fingers rubbing against his hard line as the tv faintly plays in the background "He's fine.."

He can't possibly tell Jeongguk that Taehyung's pretty face is all bruised up.

"I need you to bail me out"

That's the exact reason why.

Yoongi may not know his best friend well, never understood what's behind his reckless words. But when it comes to Taehyung he's so easy to read.

His decisions and impulsivness is exactly what scares him.

"Jeongguk"

"use the money"

Jeongguk doesn't even flinch, voice so hard when Yoongi sits up straight. His own tone growing serious.

Jeongguk is aware of how much he's saved up for them, of how many uncouth bruises he's got on his hands because of them.

He knows, he knows all that because he's giving up everything just for doing that. He clearly knows, but yet Yoongi doesn't get him.

Can't get how Jeongguk doesn't even hesitate the slightest with these words. If there's one thing Jeongguk has ever cared about, it's making a living.

So why now— Yoongi can't get it, can't understand.

"You saved up hella much for this dude, just wait for us to settle-"

"I can't fucking wait when I can't even make sure he's okay Yoongi!"

Jeongguk is so fast, so quick with the way his frustration burns and his hand grips through his dark hair when he speaks. It doesn't pass his mind once how long it's taken him to save up for that amount when Taehyung is out there without him.

He doesn't care if he's here, doesn't give a a single shit if he stay here again as long as Taehyung isn't out there alone with Hyun.

He can't stand it, he can't stand staying away.

"Jeongguk-"

"Use the money Yoongi"

He doesn't care about any of it.

He won't let anyone touch Taehyung.

-

hi....
omg I missed y'all. Chapter must be confusing cause it's been so long, so I would really suggest rereading two or three chapters.!

Thought a lot abt leaving wattpad these months, but didn't do it<3