Ch 17. Weak

It's quite dreary, the way he's here once again. With the walls worn and cracked from being run over by countless semi cheers. The once bold white colors of the ring have now chipped away and faded until they're nearly blended into the dark.

It's definitely a place where Taehyung expects to stay away from, but he came here in the mid of anger, and in the end he stayed.

His parents had taught him to be mindful of places where he doesn't feel welcomed ever since the moment he learned how to stand on his own two feet in the studio.

It stayed and cautious was something that Taehyung knew all too well. But this time, when he had ended up treating Jeongguk's burning knuckles with his cotton pads it had felt more home than the studio.

"I-I have to head back.." Taehyung mumbles, voice tight when he traces every cut on Jeongguk's hands with his gaze, now bandaged up and when he dares to glance up, Jeongguk is already staring at him.

There's that unreadable expression in Jeongguk's gaze again but then he looks away, breaks contact and directs his eyes to his side.

It's the moment he removes his hand from his grip, Taehyung knows that it won't be easy, things won't be easy with Jeongguk.

Taehyung wants to talk about how it never will be easy with the way his heart hammers by him. But he can't, not when Jeongguk is so far away even though they're so close. Not when it seems so likely that Jeongguk won't want to have him here.

He wonders what usually happens after this? if they go back to avoiding each other and acting like nothing happened. If the moment Taehyung let himself break in front of Jeongguk will falter to loose.

But when he stands up from the ground, where he had treated every wound on Jeongguk's hands he nervously swallows.

Standing now before Jeongguk where he was seated on the edge of the main ring of the venue. The same one had seen him for the first time under the influence of violence.

Jeongguk's almost breathing hard, wide planes of his broad chest and the strong outlines of the muscles through his black shirt. A short sleeved one, where he catches every  intricate swirls of tattoos Taehyung had never seen before. It's the spare of moment, where Taehyung wants to ask the meaning behind them.

But before he can even open his mouth, to come up with something. A lame excuse to why he should leave, why he shouldn't be here. He can't.

Not when Jeongguk grabs his wrist suddenly, shiftily pulling him towards him until Taehyung particularly falls on top of his lap.

Taehyung instantly feel his cheeks heat and he's a hot mess once he realizes where he's at.

He wonders if this small thing is really making him blush this furiously after everything. For a moment, forgetting that his throat doesn't feel like swallowing broken glass.

Jeongguk eyes him warily, instantly meeting his and Taehyung doesn't realize how close they are, how close their body's are.

"It's late, I will take you home" Jeongguk lowers, and Taehyung wonders how Jeongguk is so good at pretending nothing is happening.

As if he's not blatantly straddling his lap, that the boxer's grip around his waist isn't what's holding him steady on him.

As if Taehyung isn't burning red when their breathes feel almost clashed under their close proximity. Under Jeongguk's sharp gaze when he tries to talk.

"I came here alone already " Taehyung retorts back, the hint of a warming tone turning in his voice and his face feels just like that. Lips pursed, and eyes wide.