Chapter 8: Rematch Against Ultraman

(As Lincoln was about to return to Nemesis, he is suddenly teleported to another planet. Suddenly he sees Benevolo.)

Lincoln: Benevolo?

Benevolo: Lincoln?

Benevolo: Lincoln?

(Then they look around and Benevolo realizes where they are.)

Benevolo: Korugar...

Lincoln: Huh?

Benevolo: My home planet. This is where I met... him.

(Then the duo sees Parallax, the Guardian of the Universe.)

Parallax: Benevolo. You must be wondering why I brought you and your friend here.

Lincoln: Optimus Prime is taking action, isn't he?

Parallax: Yes. The other members of the Benevolo Corps are elsewhere doing what they can to combat the crisis.

Lincoln: And considering that he's after the Matrix of Leadership...

(Behind the duo, the techno-portal opens up. Ultraman and Owlgirl step out of it and it closes behind them.)

Benevolo: We have to get back to Earth.

Ultraman: Yes...you do.

Lincoln: Ultraman and Owlgirl? Henshin!

Decadriver: Kamen Ride: Decade.

Benevolo: How are you here?

Owlgirl: Clark and I were held captive in the Namesis. Their security was more pathetic than the Gotham City museum.

Ultraman: We escaped using the Autobots' portal technology. I calibrated it to transport us to Metropolis but there was obviously a malfunction. We ended up here.

Benevolo: Now I know we need to get back to Earth.

Decade: Yeah, if the syndicate is involved, things can't be good.

Ultraman: Typical...

(Ultraman turns to Parallax while he continues talking.)

Ultraman: You're no better than Lex Luthor. The universe is falling apart and the so-called heroes focus on the little picture. All that power in his ring...have you ever noticed how he uses it? Big blades, cannons and scary animals...

Owlgirl: What's the matter with you, Clark?

Ultraman: You lack imagination, Benevolo! You always have! Someone like me should have that ring!

(Then Lincoln stands in his front.)

Decade: Over my dead body. (pulls out a card) Henshin.

Decadriver: KamenRide: W.

(Kamen Rider Decade assumes a Kamen Rider Double form.)

Ultraman: So you learned new tricks. Just the way I like it.

(Then they fight. Unlike in his previous fight, Lincoln was ready for Ultraman's tricks, and through his fighting skills he manages to keep Kal-Il at bay. Kamen Rider Decade eventually manages to knock Ultraman out.)

Decade: Be glad I didn't kill you, Kal-Il

Parallax: This is a foolish waste of valuable time. Optimus Prime is preparing a final attack in the Earth. If he does, all people in the planet will be truly finished.

Ultraman: Why is this happening?

Benevolo: It looks like you haven't found out yet, huh? Optimus Prime doesn't plan to help you and your syndicate to rule the planet. His plan is to destroy it.

Parallax: Even with his powers, it's very unlikely that Ultraman could be capable of doing so.

(Ultraman feels insulted by this.)

Parallax: You on Earth must work together to locate Optimus Prime and destroy him before he can destroy the Earth.

Decade: Looks like we have no choice.

Owlgirl: Don't worry handsome, we won't bite... much.

Benevolo: Time to protect the universe.

(A lantern power battery appears, suspended in mid-air.)

Parallax: We cannot spare any of the Benevolo Corps to help. Charge your ring and return quickly. There is not much time.

(Benevolo steps forward to the battery and recharges his ring, which now glows with energy.)

Benevolo: That's more like it.

Ultraman: (gets up) So what's it going to be, hero? Do we work together or do I have to save the world in spite of you?

Decade: Remember... we don't trust you, Kal-Il.

Ultraman: The feeling is mutual.

(Benevolo creates an energy shield around himself, Kamen Rider Decade, Ultraman and Owlgirl. They are all transported off Korugar)

(Cut to Kansas, Benevolo deactivates the shield outside the smouldering remains of the Kent's Farm. Lincoln's communicator beeps.)

Decade: That's the UN communicator. I have to leave you here. If I were you, Owlgirl, I wouldn't turn my back on him.

Owlgirl: I can take care of myself.

(Benevolo flies off into the sky while Kamen Rider Decade walks away.)

Ultraman: You should have killed me when you had a chance, Lincoln White.

(Clark looks over his destroyed farm.)

Ultraman: Home sweet home...or at least it used to be before Optimus Prime got to it.

Owlgirl: You brought it on yourself, Clark. From what I hear you helped Optimus Prime. Not even Thomas Jr. would dare to do so.

Ultraman: Maybe he would do the same thing. Thomas Jr. and I never take sides - We chose the lesser of two evils. The worst Lex Luthor and The Jester would do is hand us over to the authorities - Optimus and the Autobots on the other hand would destroy everything. It wasn't much of a choice.

Owlgirl: Seems like we don't have one now either. So what's the plan?

Ultraman: Simple...we find a way to turn this situation to our advantage.

(To be continued)